council are useless!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im not sure whether i posted this in the right place but here goes,so i live in a block of council flats now about 3 black bins were stolen by someone in a truck,my neighbours saw them they though it was council,ive been using a bin that was spare since they were stolen a month ago,now i get this little stuck up (edit) coming round telling me to buy a new bin or he is telling the enviroment police.... no idea?? that i havent got one and they will fine me a couple of hundred pounds,i told him ive rang up council when they were stolen and that ive asked for one but they said i had to buy one for 40 quid :!: so since they were so expensive i cant afford it but he didnt listen hes threating me with fines,eviction etc...

i mean i was the only person he had a go at in the whole block,i said i have been using a spare bin that no one uses at all just me i empty it and that,but no he said that bin is there for someone else i told him no one uses it but it doesnt matter i have to pay up :???: i cant believe how nasty he was,so now im stuck i have no idea on what to do i cant pay up not at the minute enyway,if enyone has eny ideas on what i could do that would be great thanks :-).

Edited by silverfox1961
removed bad word

Hi

May i suggest that since this is Council housing that you firstly check your tenancy agreement for anything on refuse/recycling/bin areas.

Also have a look at the Councils website to see there refuse/recycling policy.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hi i dont live in the country side i live in a city :),my tenancy agreement was changed automatically by council i just got a new one through the post about a year ago i have lived in my flat for nearly 6 years,the thing is if i have to buy a new bin i cant keep an eye on it all the time so it would probarly be nicked again the garden isnt secure a year ago they removed this big metal fence that was locked and replaced it with a cheap wooden fence no lock so enyone can walk in and out,i said the garden isnt secure enough but i dont really think they listen to me....

thanks for your replies i hope i can get this silly problem sorted thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone thanks for all your help :),i called and emailed council,also i went in and talked to a few council managers but i think it went in one ear and out the other,they really are useless lol,erm i bought a bin today it cost me 30 odd pounds when i rang up i said i couldnt afford a bin if there was anything else i could do to get some help with getting one for free considering its going outside,where i cant see it and it will probarly get nicked again but NO aparently a bin to go outside is far more important than food and gas,i wouldnt off given up yet but i got a letter from some enviromental people saying i had 28 days to get one or i would get a fine and i would go to court blah blah you know the rest,well they won im going to chain it up to something outside so this crap doesnt happen again,thanks again for your help :)

i will have to do that lol if it ever arrives,even tho i paid for one last week it was soppose to be delivered yesterday well it never got here i stayed in all day never arrived so i rang up council today they said it was delivered,what a suprise!!! ive paid for nothing now its more stress waiting to see if they will deliver another i dont even know why i bothered to pay,well thats council, if i ever get a bin i will let you know :)

Hi hitsme

So you paid for a new bin and the council failed to deliver it on an agreed date with no reason why mmmm.

Well as they made you pay for it just a suggestion write to them and inform them that you will invoice them £5.00 a day until the bin is delivered as they failed to deliver or inform you of non delivery.

Just a suggestion after what they put you through.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group