Pet Insurance - Big Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am with a company called E&L Pet Insurance who I understand have terrible reviews and once all of this is settled my immediate priority will be to change insurer.

We have a 4 year old dog and had to make a claim a couple of years ago which they did pay out for but admittedly it took some time and we should have changed insurer then but unfortunately we have let the cover continue renewing at £17.54 rather than £12 odd a month.

We are now in a situation whereby our dog is having to undergo some X-Rays etc and is suspected to have a cruciate ligament problem. We have Silver Cover which only entitles you £1000 per condition which if he needs an operation will be nowhere near enough. I called them up to discuss cover and they pointed this out however they stated I was paying for the Extra Benefits package (which I had no knowledge of) which was an extra £2 per month when I asked what this was hoping it was additional cover they stated it offered me discounted hotels and chocolates and wine which I was not impressed with at all.

When I asked them what the next level of cover offered they said up to £5000 per condition I asked why the discrepancy between the amounts was so great and they never had an answer. When I asked how much the Gold Cover wouild be for me they said £17.80! At this point I was extremely upset and I have queried them how they can legitimately be charging me 26p less for such inferior cover and worse than that be charging me more including the extra benefits (of which I never wanted or asked for) when all I required from them is comprehensive pet cover. If we had the higher level of cover the cost of the operation would be covered as it stands it is likely to require us to spend at least £1000 of our own money possibly more.

Do I have any leg to stand on legally regarding them charging me only 26p less for such inferior cover and actually debiting my account for more including these benefits I hadn't asked for? They state they cannot advise us of cover levels. Is this something I could look to address with Trading Standards or some Financial Regulatory firm? Or are they within their rights in this instance.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.