Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Armchair Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Nov 2011

Default The Great British Mobility Chair co refused to refund bespoke chair not fit for purpose

Can anyone advise/help?

My elderly disabled gran purchased what was supposed to be a made to measure recliner chair in January of this year,

the salesman took measurements for the perfect fit & it was explained at the time to the salesman
    that my gran needs to sit on an air cushion so the arms would need to be higher,
    which he said would not be a problem and (which was also confirmed to have been noted by the salesman in the company records),
    during a telephone conversation by the company representative,

when I called to complain When it arrived it didn't fit her and she could not use it at all as the arms were far too low
    so useless piece of very expensive furniture at the price of 1,950.00, paid in full by delivery date.

My mother complained to the company by telephone numerous times, only to be fobbed off and told that someone would be in touch, nobody came back to her.

Then when I eventually called on behalf of my gran and spoke to management they assured me that they would get the issue resolved asap.
    My Mother received a telephone answer message from the original salesman who stated that he would be in touch when he was in the area.

My Grans health has since deterioated in the past year and she would be unable to use the chair even if the measurements were corrected.
    The chair has never been used and was never ever usable and has caused great upset and distress and cost her dearly from a small income,
    I am very angry and hope somebody here can help us

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2006
    I am in
    Please consider making a donation if we have helped you. Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Great British Mobility Chair

Write out the entire story in a detailed bullet-pointed chronology.

Send it by way of a letter to the company and tell them that you require that they collect the chair and return all of you money or else you will sue them in 7 days.

Don't make this threat unless you intend to carry it out.

At the end of the 7 days, sue them. Don't delay. Don't hang around. Always carry out your threats.

There is no other solution.

What is the name of the company?

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.
    All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Armchair Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2011

Thankyou for your swift response because I am at my wits end. The company is 'The Great British mobility Group Ltd' in North Somerset. In my complaints over the phone I have asked for a refund as was told that they would not give a refund?

Site Team stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2010
    I am in
    scotland

Hi

Amazily if you check there website they have even breached there own 'Customer Charter' so i would print that out and use it against them.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

surely also

SOGAicon 'unfit for purpose'

totally applies here too
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advic.../sogaataglance

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Kraken1 Highly informative Kraken1 Highly informative Kraken1 Highly informative Kraken1 Highly informative Kraken1 Highly informative Kraken1 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Default Re: The Great British Mobility Chair co refused to refund bespoke chair not fit for purpose

are we talking about making a claim that it is not fit for purpose nearly a year after it was bought? Or have I misread?

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE