council tax taken from wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a few months ago i had council tax arrears i phoned to make an arrangement at the time i was on the dole and could only offer £3 a week they understood this and said it was fine but they would still have to take me to court to get a liability order so they could take it straight from my wages. This all went ahead and everything was fine. I then started work and three weeks later i recieved a leter saying they had contacted my employer to make deductions from my wages. My question is can they do this without contacting me as this had led my work to take action in reguards to my employment as they dont like people that owe out money and i have ended up being sacked over something that wouldnt normally get me the sack.

My question is can they do this without contacting me as this had led my work to take action in reguards to my employment as they dont like people that owe out money and i have ended up being sackedicon over something that wouldnt normally get me the sack.

Once a Liability Order is granted the council can issue an Attachment of Earnings Order if they see fit - they dont need any permission or agreement from you to do so.