Lost engagement ring - Now Found :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I desparately need some advice.

I can't find my engagement ring anywhere. I wear it all the time with my wedding ring and only remove my rings to take a bath and when I'm washing up. Yesterday morning I realised it was missing and have spent the last two days retracing my steps and turning the house upside down. I know it ridiculous but I have had it 26 years and you just don't notice you're wearing it.

Apart from our home it's the most valuable thing I have worth considerably more than my car. It's current insurance value is £14,990 as a Specified Personal Belonging.

I have been in considerable debt over the last few years and still just about keeping on top of it. The ring and home are two of the few things I have been able to keep hold of.

The insurance policy states:

"It is a condition of the policy that you keep the 3 diamond ring with you or in a locked safe in the home at all times." By with you, I assume being in the same room counts.

It must have fallen off but this would be highly unlikely, so I'm pretty clueless at the moment. As I said I have searched the house completely, emptied and sorted through the bins and vacuum cleaner.

From the insurance companies point of view, if I they were to check our credit records they would think it was a fraudulent claim, but if they saw how much I had cried over the last two days, they would believe me.

If I was offered £100,000 or the ring, it would be the ring every time, it means too much to me, and I would never find one to replace it - and would never be able to insure it.

I do want to keep searching as I am 90% sure it is still in the house, but how long is it wise to leave it before reporting it to the insurance company? And anyone made a similiar claim to get an idea on whether they would accept my claim. I have paid household and contents insurance for 27 years without a claim.

Thanks for any ideas.

Unless it states in your policy, there's no hard and fast rule, looking it for a week, two weeks, does not seem that out of the ordinary, I think by then you would have had a pretty thorough look.

The debt issue will cause trouble, but if they suggest fraud, they would have to have a water tight case, and if you are genuine, you have nothing to worry about.

Regading he safe warranty, as you have stated it was with you, up until the point of loss,and the loss is in the house, not in a gym or a hotel for example.

I hope you find it, good luck.

Thanks Mwynci, I'd rather have a good look after going through the policy with a fine toothcomb. Even if I found it before they had looked at anything, I am sure they would whack up future years premiums.

IF you believe you have searched every inch of your home and are now suspecting that you could have perhaps lost it outside then I would report it. Did you perhaps take it off to wash your hands in a restaurant, or at the office.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OK, I'll give it one more day of searching. I remember having it on Wednesday in Sainsbury for some reason. Between then and noticing it missing I have only been out shopping a few times. I work from home. Good point about the had washing but not been out.

My Christmas has come early, I just emptied my wheelie bins for the second time and it was stuck to the bottom of one of them having fallen out of a plastic bag. It's a shame rings don't have black boxes as I would love to know it's journey. I had really accepted it was lost and was ready for a fight with the insurance company this lunchtime.

Thank you for your advice.

Oh that is excellent news. I am really pleased for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D