Council Cleaning/Clearance Recharge after vacating Property - Legally Enforceable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i moved from a longterm council tenancy recently

i've just had a bill through for various things

inc garden clearance amassing to some £700

are these council invoices legally enforceable

i feel most of it is just a money making exercise

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was the property inspected prior to you you leaving? I imagine some items may be chargeable dependent what they think they may have done. I would challenge them and see what comes back, if necessary involve your Councillor(s).

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

You need to fully check your tenancy agreement.

Also you need to ask them for a copy of the following:

1. Pre Inspection Report before you moved in.

2. Move In Inspection Report.

3. Move Out Condition Report.

Did you have a Pre Inspection done before you moved (this way the council can tell you what work you need to do before move out to get it to there standards and anything that may be chargeable)?

Did you have a Move out Inspection (this way you confirm the condition of the property with the council and either accept or dispute their findings)?

Were you given the opportunity by the council of recifiying theses issues before they took action?

I would request copies of the invoices also.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1.no

2.no [dont think recharge existed when we moved in.

3. no

they under took no inspection although invited to do so before move out date.

i've already got the org invoice down from £1700!!

they are still trying to charge me for fly-tipped rubbish

i cleared the garden by hiring a man with a van the w/end before.

sadly no photos of the external but lots of internal stuff.

thats how i've got all the door replacements costs taken off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Ok

Firstly you need to check your tenancy agreement that you gave them the correct notice period then if correct.

We are on to the prove it council thats this best way to put it damage was caused by me. You need to request copies of the following from the council:

1. A Copy of the Pre Inspection Report before you moved in. (this should have been done before you moved into the property so they know what if any repairs and the condition of the property before renting it).

2. Do you have it in writing that you offered them the opportunity to pre inspect the property before you moved out?

3. A copy of there Termination Policy which will be more than likely part of there (Letting Policy/Allocations Policy) this should contain the procedure the should have followed in terminating your tenancy and do read it carefully.

Also check the date of the letter and ask when the new tenant moved in as the new tenant may have complained and they decided to bill you thats only a suggestion of what could of happened thats all but would need dates to confirm.

Also check there website are there may be documents you can download to backup your case.

You fight fire with fire here.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group