NW SAR Request Advice please ?

PinotGrigio41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to send an SAR off to Nat West. I want to request the details of two current accounts ( one they have closed) and one currently still open. Both accounts either still have loans associated to them and / or have done in the past. I am absolutely certain that at some point in the past few years we have paid PPI on at least one of these loans. There have also been horrendous bank charges on both accounts of which I am planning to make a stab at reclaiming under the Hardship Criteria ( longshot these days from what Ive read but I am going to give it a try ).

My question is when sending in the SAR should I do a seperate one for each account enc £10 with each or should I send just one letter asking for the info on both accounts / loans etc.

Thanks in advance for your help .

Hi yes in my experience they will expect two

seperate requests send in seperate envelopes

as well.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Is that correct, Brig. I understood that it was £10.00 for ALL information regarding your financial history with the bank/institution ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It does seem to vary between

financial institutions if a client

has more than on account,

as far as I know there is no

guidance on this it seems to be

pot luck if have as a last resort

to do a SAR I phone the organisation

compliance department for clarification,

even the there are hiccups and different

answers.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

A thought this may be occurring as

habit as most requests are on a specific single account.

How can I find out what is held about me?

If you want to know if a person or organisation holds information about you and what information they hold, you will need to write to that person or organisation and make a subject access request. You should ask for a copy of all the information they hold about you. If you are not sure who to write to in an organisation, address your letter to the company secretary.

The above paragraph from the ICO website mentions ALL information

Source is here...

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/personal_information/how_manage/access_info.aspx

Regards

ims

PG

Natwest have a habit of delaying compliance for a variety of reasons....... if any of the accounts you hold with them are joint and several, I'd be inclined to include their details at the footer of your request authorising data release.

Unless things have changed recently you'll get the usual response that you may receive data from a variety of departments within the 40 days. I doubt you'll get much [if anything] within the 40 days tbh, oh and don't get sidetracked into corresponding with or chasing individual departments, stick to the Bishopsgate address for any chasers.

Gez

Sorry me again, who do I make the cheque out to for the SAR, National Westminster Bank, RBS ??

This is going to sound obvious but

If you are sending a SAR for a Nat West account...make it out to National Westminster Bank

If you are sending a SAR for an RBS account make it out to Royal Bank of Scotland

Personally I would use a postal order and write on the back of it that the payment is ONLY to be used for the Subject Access Request and not for any other purpose.

ims

Ok thanks !! Maybe it was a silly question, I thought that NatWest were owned by Royal Bank of Scotland, so I wasnt sure. :???:

Hi

No probs....Nat West still retain their identity and trading style even though they are part of RBS group.

ims

:-D

Thanks Gez, Do you happen to know the address for Bishopsgate , I have come up with a few different ones, 16 , 21 for example ?

Hi PG

I always go with the ICO register........... saves any arguments about delays at a later date.

Gez

icologo2.gif

Data Protection Register - Entry Details

Registration Number: Z4936258

Date Registered: 06 October 2000 Registration Expires: 05 October 2012

Data Controller: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

Address:

135 BISHOPSGATE

LONDON

EC2M 3UR

Other Names:

STREAMLINE

NATWEST

STREAMLINE INTERNATIONAL

• Confused 1

They have 40 days from receipt to comply.. so check your tracking number on the RM site in a couple of days. Plus.. if you have sent the fee by way of a postal order, you can check when that is cashed by telephoning

01246 542091

You will need the PO receipt you were given when you purchased the postal order.. they will want the ID number in order to check.

I would wait until about 30 days have gone by before checking to see if the PO has been cashed :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Both myself and Partner have submitted SAR to Nat west regarding our current accounts .

My partner has received confirmation of his request but I have heard nothing yet but as there is a complication regarding a ppi with RBS being uphed on a past loan I had, it could possibly be the answer?

Yesterday my partner had rather an odd letter from Nat West regular payments team at Chatham claiming his request for direct debits be cancelled for two transactions can not be actioned until he contacts them by phone.

The mystery is that why should he ring especially as both these accounts were closed years !! ago and are no longer relevant and the fact is that we have no dealings with Nat West now that they foreclosed on these accounts eighteen months ago and we now bank elsewhere .

Nat West is so incompetent and I am not surprised they are one of the top banks with high level of complaints

I am not confident that the request for SAR will be dealt with in a straightforward manner by them but I will plod on regardless.

Nat West is so incompetent and I am not surprised they are one of the top banks with high level of complaints

I am not confident that the request for SARlink3.gif will be dealt with in a straightforward manner by them but I will plod on regardless.

If they dont comply within the 40 calendar days then you can OH can add to the level of complaints :lol:

BCOBS

• 1 month later...