Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder PinotGrigio41 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Default NW SAR Request Advice please ?

I am about to send an SARicon off to Nat West. I want to request the details of two current accounts ( one they have closed) and one currently still open. Both accounts either still have loans associated to them and / or have done in the past. I am absolutely certain that at some point in the past few years we have paid PPIicon on at least one of these loans. There have also been horrendous bank charges on both accounts of which I am planning to make a stab at reclaiming under the Hardship Criteria ( longshot these days from what Ive read but I am going to give it a try ).

My question is when sending in the SARicon should I do a seperate one for each account enc 10 with each or should I send just one letter asking for the info on both accounts / loans etc.

Thanks in advance for your help .

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: NW SAR Request Advice please ?

Hi yes in my experience they will expect two
    seperate requests send in seperate envelopes
    as well.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Is that correct, Brig. I understood that it was 10.00 for ALL information regarding your financial history with the bank/institution ?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

It does seem to vary between
    financial institutions if a client
    has more than on account,
    as far as I know there is no
    guidance on this it seems to be
    pot luck if have as a last resort
    to do a SARicon I phone the organisation
    compliance department for clarification,
    even the there are hiccups and different
    answers.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

A thought this may be occurring as
    habit as most requests are on a specific single account.

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

How can I find out what is held about me?

If you want to know if a person or organisation holds information about you and what information they hold, you will need to write to that person or organisation and make a Subject access requesticon. You should ask for a copy of all the information they hold about you. If you are not sure who to write to in an organisation, address your letter to the company secretary.

The above paragraph from the ICOicon website mentions ALL information

Source is here...

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public...cess_info.aspx

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here
    4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here
    5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Thankyou everyone for your replies. I ahve looekd at the link you mentioned ims, so if I am reading it correctly I could jsut send them one SARicon request enc 10 as long as I detail exactly allt he accounts, loans, PPIicon etc that I am requesting information about ?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Hi

The templateicon letter in the CAG library says ALL information. Don't limit it to specific accounts. You want ALL and ANY information a company holds on you. One SARicon, One Tenner.

ims

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Great, I will be on the case tomorrow ! Thanks again.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    transigent

PG

Natwesticon have a habit of delaying compliance for a variety of reasons....... if any of the accounts you hold with them are joint and several, I'd be inclined to include their details at the footer of your request authorising data release.

Unless things have changed recently you'll get the usual response that you may receive data from a variety of departments within the 40 days. I doubt you'll get much [if anything] within the 40 days tbh, oh and don't get sidetracked into corresponding with or chasing individual departments, stick to the Bishopsgate address for any chasers.

Gez

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Thanks Gez, Do you happen to know the address for Bishopsgate , I have come up with a few different ones, 16 , 21 for example ?

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Sorry me again, who do I make the cheque out to for the SARicon, National Westminster Bankicon, RBSicon ??

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Quote Originally Posted by PinotGrigio41 View Post
    Sorry me again, who do I make the cheque out to for the SARicon, National Westminster Bankicon, RBSicon ??
    This is going to sound obvious but

If you are sending a SAR for a Nat West account...make it out to National Westminster Bank

If you are sending a SAR for an RBS account make it out to Royal Bank of Scotlandicon

Personally I would use a postal order and write on the back of it that the payment is ONLY to be used for the Subject access requesticon and not for any other purpose.

ims

Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Agreed PO only.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Ok thanks !! Maybe it was a silly question, I thought that Natwesticon were owned by Royal Bank of Scotlandicon, so I wasnt sure.

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

Ok thanks !! Maybe it was a silly question, I thought that Natwesticon were owned by Royal Bank of Scotlandicon, so I wasnt sure.
    Hi

No probs....Nat West still retain their identity and trading style even though they are part of RBSicon group.

ims

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative gezwee Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    transigent

Thanks Gez, Do you happen to know the address for Bishopsgate , I have come up with a few different ones, 16 , 21 for example ?
    Hi PG

I always go with the ICOicon register........... saves any arguments about delays at a later date.

Gez

Data Protection Register - Entry Details

Registration Number: Z4936258
    Date Registered: 06 October 2000 Registration Expires: 05 October 2012

Data Controller: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

Address:
    135 BISHOPSGATE
    LONDON
    EC2M 3UR
    Other Names:
    STREAMLINE
    Natwesticon
    STREAMLINE INTERNATIONAL

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Thankyou, all sent off today .

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

They have 40 days from receipt to comply.. so check your tracking number on the RM site in a couple of days. Plus.. if you have sent the fee by way of a postal order, you can check when that is cashed by telephoning

01246 542091

You will need the PO receipt you were given when you purchased the postal order.. they will want the ID number in order to check.

I would wait until about 30 days have gone by before checking to see if the PO has been cashed

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder MAGAR50 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Both myself and Partner have submitted SARicon to Nat west regarding our current accounts .

My partner has received confirmation of his request but I have heard nothing yet but as there is a complication regarding a PPIicon with RBSicon being uphed on a past loan I had, it could possibly be the answer?

Yesterday my partner had rather an odd letter from Nat West regular payments team at Chatham claiming his request for direct debits be cancelled for two transactions can not be actioned until he contacts them by phone.
    The mystery is that why should he ring especially as both these accounts were closed years !! ago and are no longer relevant and the fact is that we have no dealings with Nat West now that they foreclosed on these accounts eighteen months ago and we now bank elsewhere .

Nat West is so incompetent and I am not surprised they are one of the top banks with high level of complaints

I am not confident that the request for SARicon will be dealt with in a straightforward manner by them but I will plod on regardless.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE