Cancelling Car Insurance After 1 day

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One of my friends took out a car insurance policy yesterday and its extortionate. Its with a company called Hara Hill Wason. She wants to cancel it tomorrow morning to go with admiral as its much cheaper. Can they charge her an admin/cancellation charge?

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

From the CAB site: Insurance

Cancelling your insurance policy

You may want to cancel an insurance policy if you have just bought it and have changed your mind. You have a right to do this if you bought your policy over the phone, on the internet, or from someone who called at your home or place of work. You may also have a right to cancel your insurance policy if you paid for it by a credit agreement which you signed in your own home, or anywhere other than the offices of the credit company. If you bought your policy under circumstances other than these, you should still check the terms of the policy to see if you can cancel it. Many general insurance policies give you an automatic right to cancel within 14 days of purchase, and many life insurance policies give you the right to cancel within 30 days. Your insurer is allowed to make a small charge for the administration costs of cancellation, but they are not allowed to make a profit from this charge.

You may also want to cancel your insurance policy because your circumstances have changed. You should check the details of your insurance policy to see if you have a right to cancel, and if any refund is due.

For more information about your right to cancel an insurance agreement, see Buying services - your rights.

Same principle as bank charges, they can cover their costs but nothing more so it should be minimal.

99% of companies do not charge. However, if you have made a claim then you wont get a penny back!

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

There is a short paragraph about cancellations on th eback of on eof the documents. It ssay sif cancelled within 14days they reserve th eright not to return the £15 admin charge but also they will keep 7.5% of the premium which is gonna be £65+. Can they do this? What kind of things should I be saying to them when we speak to them on the phone? If they insist on doing this what action can I take?

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

• 4 weeks later...