Fonesafe mobile insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lost my mobile nearly a month ago, reported it lost with tmobile and phonesafe.

I made a bit of a boo boo while reporting it, I told them i had phoned round the places i had been in an effort to recover the phone.

After providing them with all the extra identification they are now wanting to see phone records of these call.

I am a genuine claimant (i say this lightly after my little porky pie).

Are phonesafe asking for to much info and dragging there feet?

should i just come clean and admit this to the insurance company how would that affect my claim?

Please dont tell me I shouldnt tell fibs, i did it without thinking when asked if i made any attemp to trace it, and then went with it on the claim form. teach me to think about what im saying.

Thanks guys

think this is the most relevant to me

lf you make a claim, we will ask for proof of purchase. You must be able to provide this. We may also ask for documentation or other proof to support your claim if we think we need this. If you do not provide any document or proof we ask for, we may decline your claim. What we will require may depend on the circumstances of your claim but an example would be a Police Crime Reference Number to support a claim for theft. lf we ask you for documentary proof, you must provide this within 28 days of asking.

think im screwed

You could potentially dig yourself deeper if you make up stories, before you know it they want the shop, the time, who you spoke to. All in an effort to give you a hard time. Mobile phone insurers (or the companies that operate on behalf of the underwriters) and a useless bunch.

What difference does the fact you told a lie to them make? there's no action of fraud in your lie, your not making up the fact that the phone was lost, and not attempting to defraud.

Unless there is policy documentation that states you must phone around the shops to look for the phone, where have you prejudiced their position in paying out?

If they then start to play silly games, make a complaint to their regulator (FOS or often with mobile phone underwriters Lloyd's are involved).