style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We went on a cruise and were insured through Mapfre for a single journey covering the cruise and my pre existing condition. Whilst on the cruise I was taken into the medical centre running a very high temperature and getting rigours. I had a respiratory tract infection.

On returning home I sent in the claim form along with the proof of the dates of travel and return, the medical centre bill and the doctors reports to claim for this as requested and have now received a letter from Travel Claims asking me for further documentation. One of these is a request for a copy if my bank/credit card statement so that they can assess the rate of exchange.

We paid on a shipboard account in dollars using a debit card and tbh I am very wary about sending a bank statement as I don't really think that my bank statement is any of their business.

The also want an explanation as to why we didn't contact the emergency number to inform them before starting treatment as this has to be done for claims of over £500. The simple answer is that we were in the middle of the ocean and it was imperative that my temperature be brought down immediately and we didn't know it was going to be as much as it was. They did a lot of tests due to my pre existing condition and put me on anti biotics

Advice please

They want to see the debit card payment on a statement. You can always cover up the other items, account number etc, using a black pen, to maintain your confidentiality. They need the date of the transaction, so they can look up the dollar to sterling exchange rate on that day.

You can explain about your condition and being on a cruise ship, as the reason for non using the emergency helpline.

My advice is to do as asked, as otherwise it may look a little odd. The requests are pretty standard and they won't pay up without your help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread