Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder lsmcal1984 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Angry My experience with Metro Bank over the last few months

Hello,

It's been a while since this section of the forums was updated, so I thought I'd post my experiences of Metro Bank while using their current account as a main account. I opened my account early this year and made the switch in August by getting all of my direct debits, standing orders and salary switched. I used their in-house switching service.

I had problems from the start. My salary didn't get switched over and some Direct Debits were missed.

I pressed ahead regardless and got my salary paid into my account.

I then proceeded to register my account and debit card at various providers. 70% were fine, however I hit issues with paypalicon, Tastecard, Zipcar, Capital One, Barclaysicon Cycle Hire, Vanquis and Thames Water. They all still refuse to accept my debit card.

Then there was issues surrounding direct debits. The bank has refused to acknowledge that I have sent in 4 mandates for Capital One, 2 for Vanquis and 2 for GLL (Nuffield Health). Also, O2 couldn't add my bank details and neither could my local council.

Finally, the amount of computer system outages has increased recently. I cannot send payments occasionally and when they are sent, they are not using the Faster Payments Service (yet). I have trouble creating Payees on their online system from time to time.

I persisted for a little while, until it caused me to miss payments on the credit card and I got charged. At this point I'd had enough and decided to switch back to my old bank account.

In summary, the bank isn't ready. Its customer service is quite sloppy and doesn't offer adequate solutions ("Direct Debits can't be refused by us!") They are promising but they are simply not cutting it at the moment. I hope that they improve in the future.

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My experience with Metro Bank over the last few months

Hi is

Welcome to CAGicon

Write aLetter of Complaint , send it to:-

Craig Donaldson
    craig.donaldson@metrobank .plc.uk

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'
    Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE
    2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE
    3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE
    4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE
    5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE
    6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE
    7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE
    8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE
    9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE
    10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE
    11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILER
    CLICK HERE
    12)
    SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE
    13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE
    14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE
    15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE
    16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE
    17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE
    18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder dallasg Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2011

I was considering switching over, but this has put me off a little bit. Did you get a response, or send a complaint - I wonder if this was an individual account problem, or not?

Basic Account Holder lsmcal1984 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2011

Hello,

After complaining to the address I was given above, I was promised a phone callicon - it never came. I pursued to switch back to my old bank and a few days later, I received an apology letter that included a 50 credit to my account.

There were also some explanations as to why things had been going wrong: notably, their systems are not recognised by some companies hence their bank and card details fail.

In regards to Direct Debits, there was no answer to my specific problem. Needless to say, upon returning to my prior bank, I haven't had a single problem.

I managed to get my credit card charges refunded by the card companies themselves, but having to send payments in advance to cover payments was highly annoying. As I had missed a council tax payment, I ended up paying 35 per month extra to cover that lost month.

In summary, I thought I'd miss the 8am til 8pm service, but I don't. Coupled with all the other issues, their bank is no different than the main players - they all have issues with different things (my current bank wouldn't change a loan payment date for example!)

I hope this helps you.

Basic Account Holder gpmsc Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2013

I have been with the Metro Bank since they opened and never had a problem I started with them as Nation Wide started to charge to draw cash out on a debit on overseas transactions

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE