Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Papadak

I'm new to this and am just beginning my battle with capital one. Would you be able to advise me on what to do??? I have already had all my statements sent to me from them and I am claiming about £1000 of them which they charged me when i was sick for a year and couldnt get out of the house to pay them

• 1 month later...
Hi Papadak

I'm new to this and am just beginning my battle with capital one. Would you be able to advise me on what to do??? I have already had all my statements sent to me from them and I am claiming about £1000 of them which they charged me when i was sick for a year and couldnt get out of the house to pay them

Hi, sorry just read your post ... what's the latest for you?

• 1 month later...

Any ideas how long it takes Cap 1 to pay out ? I know they tend to agree to pay once they receive court papers , but is it months or weeks for them to pay out............ Going hols in a few weeks and could do with the money !!!! :rolleyes:

Any ideas how long it takes Cap 1 to pay out ? I know they tend to agree to pay once they receive court papers , but is it months or weeks for them to pay out............ Going hols in a few weeks and could do with the money !!!! :rolleyes:

Days once you stick to your time frames. I've had 2 results there. Master & Visa Card - FULL CCI

Good luck, don't let the bar stuards grind u down!!

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Just received letter from Crap One saying im gettin a full refund.

£508.43 including court costs of £50

Please move my thread

Prelim letter sent to Ulster Bank for £1734.00 on 18 September

Received offer of £150 - 30/09/06

LBA sent 02/10/06

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi

How long did it take you to beat CapOne? My dispute with them only started in April this year but they are not playing ball. Have reported them to FOS...hope this was a good way to go?!? They have gone quiet since this so not sure if its a good or bad sign but am keeping fingers crossed,

Hi

How long did it take you to beat CapOne? My dispute with them only started in April this year but they are not playing ball. Have reported them to FOS...hope this was a good way to go?!? They have gone quiet since this so not sure if its a good or bad sign but am keeping fingers crossed,

Sorry i missed your previous posts ... is this a cc claim & have u issued a claim online? ... I did & received a full refund.

Sorry i missed your previous posts ... is this a cc claim & have u issued a claim online? ... I did & received a full refund.

Hi Papadak,

Yes it is a credit card claim and no I have not issued a claim online. I also sent Cap1 a Subject Access Request along with £10 postal order but they seem to have overlooked this.

Any suggestions as to what to do next???

Thanks very very much

• 1 month later...

Katedog. £1500 v Crapitol One. 0

Cant believe how easy it was, only sent one request whcih they said "no chance blah blah blah.

Sent it to FOS who said it could take some time then in less than a month got offer of full amount and interest.

This pays off the balance and leaves enough to pay off another card and a small donation to this site.

This was for credit card charges.

Thankyou CAG for your help and guidance.

Katedog.

Katedog. £1500 v Crapitol One. 0

Cant believe how easy it was, only sent one request whcih they said "no chance blah blah blah.

Sent it to FOS who said it could take some time then in less than a month got offer of full amount and interest.

This pays off the balance and leaves enough to pay off another card and a small donation to this site.

This was for credit card charges.

Thankyou CAG for your help and guidance.

Katedog.

Hi, well done ... what was this refund for? ppi? ... if so is the FOS form a long drawn out process? .. I am about to do one

Hi, well done ... what was this refund for? ppi? ... if so is the FOS form a long drawn out process? .. I am about to do one

no it was for charges.

fos form very easy to do just fill in the boxes and expalin in simple terms what your point is, ie they charged me x amount of pounds and i dont think they can justify charging x amount for doing nothing other than pressing a few keys on a PC.

katedog

• 5 months later...

Successfully sued them under DPA the other day. Special Damages and General Damages, and Judge to report them to relevant authorities. And they were oh so cocky up until the day of the hearing, for which they travelled half way across the country in the snow.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.

I am looking to sue Capital One for Fraud etc. and Harassment (it happened some years ago but now I finally have the time and motivation to sort past injustices I have suffered).

I am looking to take this case via Class Action, if possible (as it appears they use pretty much the same techniques against all their victims - outrageous fraudulent charges, followed by interminable harassment in pursuit of alleged debts that they know no Court would award them).

Can anyone tell me whether Capital One have ever been sued by a Class Action in the UK? (I know there have been cases in the US).

Can anyone also tell me whether there is any kind of comprehensive list of UK or US cases (individual OR Class Action) that have been successful against Capital One?

Thanks and best of luck to all

• 1 month later...

Provider: Capital One

Amount Reclaimed: £432.00

Amount they paid: £373.00

The story: In mid November 2009 I wrote to Capital One requesting statements. They wrote back to me saying that I had not made out the cheque (for the £10 fee) correctly so I would need to amend it and return it. I wrote out an amended cheque and returned it to them only to have them write to me again saying that I had forgotten to sign the letter that I had sent, so I signed the letter and sent it back to them again. My statements finally arrived at the beginning of January 2010 and I added up the charges and the appropriate interest and wrote to Capital One asking for a total of £432.00 to be returned to me. On the 25th of January I received a letter back from Capital One saying they have looked at my case and they made me an offer of £9.15 (which represented the difference between a £20.00 charge and what they deemed to be a "fair" £12.00 charge), they also spouted some of the OFT rulings claiming all the charges were fair etc. So I wrote back to them refusing their (ridiculous) offer, stating that I did not agree with what they were saying and that I now planned to pursue my claim via the Financial Ombudsman and/or court proceedings. They swiftly wrote back to me stating they had re-assessed my case and were now prepared to offer me £373.00, which although it was not the full amount I asked for, I accepted as I believe this was a reasonable amount.

I advise anyone pursuing a claim with Capital One to persevere and not be put off by their run around methods or paltry offers. I'm happy with the result even though it took over 4 months.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have recently rejected an offer of £40 which has just been increased to over £400 (they have included 8%) so its a start but am still going to press for CI, will let you know in due course

• 1 year later...
how did you get on with your claim dotty50

Hi Huggy,

This is one of my really old posts and in hindsight I should have only posted after being successful in the claim.

However to answer your question, I never actually pursued it due to calculating that they owed me much more and so I never paid anymore to them. Not concerned about CRA's and have heard nothing from them for some time!