• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have been successful in your claim with Bank of Scotalnd or Royal Bank of Scotland but the thread title doesn't show **WON** or **SETTLED** can you please send a private message to one of the mods to change the title and put it in the successes sub-forum.

This will give other users an at-a-glance guide to other cases that have been won and may just give them that extra little bit of confidence needed to pursue BOS or RBOS themselves.

If you can't PM a mod for whatever reason then just reply to this thread.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too please :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/36087-sweetrevenge-rbos.html#post437340

Could you add "won at lba with contractual interest"

thanks!

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I posted a note yesterday, however, think wrong place.

i have just been successful in pursing RBS and they have said they will refund all my personal charges, approx £3580. I am waiting to here about my business charges.

I only applied for a refund on my excess charges and didn't look at any interest, this just seemed to hard.

Maria

To mtm0066

I am in the process of claiming the interest from a loan they used to pay off charges. This RBoS loan was at a very high Apr rate from a department within there organisation after they refused me a loan at there normal rate of interest. They stung me very badly indeed. Tommy Maclean has passed my claim onto someone called Patrick Burke who is going to deal with it because Tommy says he is only dealing with peoples bank charges. I will try and keep you updated.

gerarddobbin

mtm0066

Hi, Patrick Burke who Tommy Maclean is his manager is looking into my claim. can you believe that i have in my possession three signed copies of loans from RBoS which show different amounts of loans over one thousand pounds which i know did not have and another which shows on a bank statement which was used to pay of the bank charges. All these loans are signed between the 2-06-2003 and 6-06-2003. With one of these loans one of there staff members came to my place of work to sign it. If thats not harrassment in getting me to sign for this loan then i don't no what is.

Have you ever had anyone come to your place of work or know anyone who has?

Have you ever known a bank to give anyone four loans between the times i have shown you above?

At the same time as claiming back the interest for the loan that was used to pay off charges which i have proof on a statement i am also asking them to look into the loans issue as fraud could be going on here.

On one piece of A4 paper it shows that i had a loan of £3400 and the total amount to pay back is nearly £7000. is that normal for me to pay back nearly £3500 or more in interest. I would expect that from provident but not a bank.

I will keep you updated of my progress and what Patrick Burke has to say after he has investigated.

Cheers for your reply and good luck with yours.

gerarddobbin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am due in court this Thursday :eek: but have been told by various helpers on this site that it is doubtful that it will actually get to us having to attend due to hopefully settlement beforehand. I am preparing my court bundle just in case, but need to know if I get an offer prior to Thursday should I still attend? [dodgy.. as money won't be in my account] If they make me an offer on the steps of the court buildings 10 minutes before hearing do I accept or continue with going before the Judge? HELP! :confused:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!:-):-):-)

I've received an offer in the post today for the full amount of my claim over £2500 (no interest)

I was giving them a few days over my deadline and was going to to start MCOL next Monday, but I don't need to now. :-):-):-)

Request for statements - 16th Dec 06

!st letter - 2nd Jan 07

LBA 7 day deadline - 18th Jan 07

LBA extending deadline by 7 days -27th Jan 07

Full offer received today!!!! 7th Feb 07

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY

If I can do it anyone can.

Anyone else having trouble posting on the survey of total successful claims (on the opening page of the site)?.

There are no banks listed in the drop down menu of the bank, so details of refund cannot be entered.:-?

8 weeks agoe, i sent off letter number 1 requesting all my statements from 2000 to 2006. They promptly sent them to me. 2 weeks ago, I sent a letter off to my local royal bank branch requesting £4,800 which had been applied to my account. I advised them that if they settled now, I would not pursue interest charges. The above charges were applied to my account over the last 6 years, whilst we were impossibly trying to live off one wage. The bank caused my near demise and also vast mental pressure, stopped me wanting to sleep and tape up th eletter box. This morning I have received a letter from the bank advising that although they believe their charges are fair, as a gesture of goodwill, they will pay the full amount of £4,800. I feel so happy.

I want to thank this website, martins money saving expert and all you people out there who have helped me with your kind advice aiding me and probably thousands of others, in the stance against a banking attitude that is crippling people normal folk on average incomes.

If I can help anyone at all, please mail me @ [email protected] or [email protected].

Please use the templates provided on this site AND DO IT.. do not put it off until tomorrow.

Hi all sent prelim letter of on 25/01/07 got reply back today 10/02/07 offering full refund £3,667 just got to sign now and bingo ,thanks to every one who helped me and good luck to everyone just starting,will send a donation soon as it is in my account

• 2 weeks later...

hi, everbody, just had a letter back from RBOS, have been offered £100 short of my total charges, so i have acepted

only took 6 weeks from sending out 1st letter , really pleade, now staring on the other banks too!!!!

settled £1404, charges were £1500, so i am happy with that

just wanted to let people know that it is possible

a BIG thank you to this website and all the people for all ther advice, thanks:)

Bank: RBS

Amount Claimed: £2,842

Amount offered: £2,412

The Story: Sent first letter off claiming back charges 6th Feb, heard nothing so sent 2nd letter saying that i would take it to court if I did not hear from the 22nd Feb and the next day I recieved a written offer of £2,412. Theconditions are - "Any charges that properly accrue in the future will be applied to your account in line with our published tarrif....should you be unwilling to accept any such charges, then we may need to consider if we are prepared to continue to provide you with your existing banking facilities. Instead we can offer you a simple account that does not offer borrowing facilities or other services that can result in charges". Shall I accept this offer but not their terms? Does anyone have a template letter I can send that says this in a more legal matter?

I am happy with the offer even though it is not for the full amount as it was very easy to do and I would encourage everyone to claim back their charges.

Congats! Having got mine back we are waiting to hear about my husbans charges, also having a go at NatWest. Capital One (husbands), GE Money( husbands), Nationwide and Creation Finance.

My GE Money is settled £501

My RBS settled as you have seen.

Husband has an offer from NatWest £1700 (£96 less than claimed) he is going to accept.

Waiting to hear about the rest!

I can't wait for the post each morning!!!!

Mine settled too before MCOL (though I left massive gap after LBA due to personal circumstances). Settled full amount of cgharges but not the contractual interest but am happy to accept.

Not sure how to link my thread...

7-11-06 Requested statements from bank

11-11-06 Statements received

3-2-07 Finally send letter demanding repayment of £1,993.81

8-2-07 received first bog off letter - 'sorry to hear you are dissatisfied - passing you to customer services...'

21-3-07 letter ofering full refund of charges (£1037) less the contractual interest. As have NOT filed to court yet, am accepting payment of charges.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Now in a quandary here.

One week after LBA letter sent I have now received the 'blah de blah' letter from RBS. But as a goodwill gesture they are offering me £4,xxx.xx to be paid into my account. This is just £350 short of what I asked for! As I am unemployed at the moment this is a godsend ( or should I say a CAG send ). Tell all the people that you see that if I can do it, anyone can. I have at least half a dozen friends who were sitting waiting to see the outcome of my claim, to scared to take up the challenge themselves. I think this will change now. Of course the bank still has to actually put it into my account. One thing that is annoying though is that the bank responses come without a date actually on their letters. Is this more incompetence for something so important!