Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder ray2k Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Nov 2011

Default Can I appeal CCTV PCN as discount period incorrect?

wfc cctv.pdfI received a pcnicon notice from Waltham Forest for driving into a pedestrian zone at 10pm. At the time I thought there was times where it wasn't restricted but having reviewed pictures of the sign (on google maps street view) I feel I was incorrect. But my query is that having researched I have found that the discount period for CCTV images is 21 days, whereas the letter states clearly 14 days. Is this a good enough reason for appeal? I have attached the PCN notice for viewing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Default Re: Can I appeal CCTV PCN as discount period incorrect?

Sadly for you the dates on the pcnicon are actually correct.

Cagger since
    Nov 2011

Is there a reason why some boroughs have 14 day discount periods and others have 21 days? Isn't there a standard set somewhere? For some reason, it still shows at the discounted rate today but it's confusing that there's differences between boroughs.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2009

I think its only CCTV-related parking PCNs where you have 21 days. Yours is not a parking issue, hence the 14 days.

Cagger since
    Nov 2011

That's a shame. Thanks very much for your responses though. I just paid it earlier today seeing as there's no other way. Thanks again.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE