more than car insurance

SAL1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WE WERE SMACKED IN THE REAR BY A LORRY LAST WEEK (A 20 WHEELER) MYSELF THE MISSUS AND THE KIDS ARE OK (ish) lol

ANYWAY MORE THAN CAR INSURANCE HAVE HAD THE CAR PICKED UP AND LEFT US WITH A COURTESY CAR (MICRA):mad: EVENTUALLY .

I CONTACTED THEM SEVERAL TIMES TRYING TO GET MY EXCESS WAIVERED BUT THEY SAY NO AND I REALLY HAVE TRIED AS I AM NOT AT FAULT AT ALL AS I WAS STATIONARY AT LIGHTS ALSO THE CARS EXHAUST WAS A LITTLE CORRODED WHEN IT RECENTLY PASSED ITS M.O.T. BUT SINCE THE ACCIDENT IT IS NOW BLOWING BUT THEY WILL NOT FIX IT AS THEY SAY IT WAS NOT CAUSED BY THE ACCIDENT AS ITS NOT BENT WHICH I AGREED WITH BUT POINTED OUT TO THEM THAT IF A 45 FT LORRY HIT THE CAR IT WOULD SURELY CAUSE SOME SORT OF HIDDEN DAMAGE DUE TO THE SHEER SIZE OF THE IMPACT AS 3 OF US SUFFERED WHIPLASH....

ANY ADVICE PLEASE!!!

CHEERS.......... GARY D

With regards to the exhaust I dont thinkyou are entitled to anything as it as corroded anyway.

However, with regards to your excess, check with the policy whether you have Uninsured Loss Recovery. If you do then ask them to get your excess back. If you dont ask More than to supply you with details of the Third Party Insurers - including claim number and address, and send them a factual letter stating that you hold them responsibe for the accident, tell them why, and you are trying to recover your excess. they should send you a cheque direct.

BUT WITH REGARDS TO YOUR WHIPLASH DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING ACCEPTING THE EXCESS AS FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OF YOUR CLAIM!!!!

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

You would have to claim the excess back from the insurers of the lorry. I would imagine that More Than would be trying to claim their costs from the other drivers insurance so they should be able to claim your excess at the same time.

If you claimed on your policy then yes you pay the excess to start with as you have instructed your Insurer to repair the car, they would then claim costs back from the other driver if he was at fault.

If you claimed off his insurer first then More than wouldn't be involved and the lorry Insurer would pick up all bills.

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

thankyou very much for your advice and i was not told i could claim of his insurance but there again maybe it was for the best claiming off mine because his was a portugese insurance company and it would have been a blooming nightmare lol

The third party will have a UK representative. More Th>n will not include your excess within their own claim unfortunately.

Go to the MIB web site and it should tell you who the UK rep is for the foreign insurer. Once you have this info send a letter to them detailing why the third party driver was at fault, attach a copy of your excess receipt and ask them to refund you within 21 days.