PI Claim (ongoing)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive got a personal injury claim going throught atm, rta not my fault having physio, (not enjoying the bit where i get my back clicked) private paid by other parties insurance, they accepted blame, i sent off payslips to show my solicitor what i had lost compared to other months, got paperwork to sign say he was going to ask for X amount and to sign if i accepted and then another one to say that he had calculated i had lost Y amount in travel costs etc, signed both sent off, wait 2 weeks no news until today i get a call to ask if i have payslip for Z month as its missing (i knew this looked for it everywhere and figured he could cope with all the others they all the same basically) and he cant do the calculations of loss until he has it?? So what was the other 2 lots of paperwork i sent back signed to him? I know there was the loss of having the car and travel expensives and im sure the hrs lost at work were there too, so what calculations does he need to do? Is it because the other party have refused and he has to recalculate? The compensation amount he said on the letter was more than he thought it was worth due to negotiation reasons, anyone have an idea what could be going on? Yes in hindsight i should ask him but at the time i was rushing out the door to work and its now the weekend!

No i emailed him, he dont work weekends am hoping he will reply today! I found the payslip and sent it off, thats why im confused as i sent what payslips i had at the time, and figured if he needed the lost one he would phone, got paperwork througha few days later with amount of compensation he was going to ask for and losses (time without a car, travel expensives) which i cant remember if the loss of time working was on there or not, but i sure it would have been otherwise why say im going to ask for this amount if he hasnt finished calculating it all?

Here's one for you; Having suffered quite serious injury at work I contacted my home insurance/legal expenses insurer, DAS. My employers admitted liability immediately and DAS appointed one of their "panel" law firms to tie up a deal, telling me I was covered for up to £50,000 should things go wrong. So far, so good. The solicitor, who initially thought the claim might be worth a couple of grand got to see injury photographs and hospital and GP reports.

Today a letter arrived. It informed me that I now had to enter a CFA agreement with them and also take out "After the Event" insurance, wait for it, to cover THEIR losses/expenses should a problem arise! They even suggested a firm who would provide cover.

To my untrained, cynical eye this lot, having realised that this claim, settlement was going to run to £40, 50,000-ish decided they didn't want to be on a £140 hourly rate and are trying to get themselves a 100% piece via CFA.

Needless to say they now get no part of anything because my employers insurers are keen to avoid paying "double-bubble" and a meeting will be arranged next week.

This has to be fraud, hasn't it?

Where is the "fraud"?

What stage of the claim are you up to? Have you been for a medical examination?

Also, are your sure that is what the solicitor's letter says as ATE insurance is to protect YOU against having to pay the other sides costs should you go to Court and lose.

Sorry forgot to add, you're employers insurance company should not be contacting you directly if you have solicitors on record as acting for you.

I would be very careful about dealing with the insurers directly as your claim might be substantial and you will not know its true worth so you may end up getting less than you deserve.

Hi again, had my physio and been told that was the last session the insurance company (for the guy who hit me) had authorised even thou the claim is still going on, waiting for the otherside to agree or disagree with the compensation amount, my medical said 6 months recovery that was in sept, dr said by xmas should be okay, i have told the physiotherapist to put in his notes and ask for more sessions (he asked me if i wanted to do this) since i feel i should carry them on until the claim is finalised. I dont know if this is normal?

The third party insurers will only pay for physio that is supported by medical evidence. You need to speak to your solicitors about further sessions.

How long your treatment lasts depends on your injuries, if the physio says you're now back to 80/90% and you will get better will time/home management then that will be your lot.

Speak to your solicitor as you can wait until the end of the experts prognosis period to see of you have fully recovered before settling of you wish.