Parking Fine with Valid Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help. A family friend visited me on the 15/10/11 and they had parked out on the main street with a valid parking ticket. He arrived at 16:30pm and he got issued a ticket from 17:10 to 17:11. We don't understand why he got the ticket as he had displayed the ticket on his dashboard clearly.

So i'm now writing to my local council on his behalf and i'm wondering how i should word the letter? And do the Wardens take photos for evidence?

Thanks

Hi fumed,

Can you let us know what the exact contravention they are stating took place please (code is also useful)?

Most council's do take pictures as evidence, and would be provided on the Council website under "Parking Services" and "view PCN evidence".

Thanks,

DC

So really the only reason for that contravention would be not displaying a residents permit...and by the sounds of it, you can do pay and display. So I'm a bit confused if your friend displayed everything correctly but still managed to get a ticket!!

Can you tell us please which council in particular issued the PCN?

Are there time restrictions on the bay/zone where only residents are allowed to park?

Do you have pictures to back up your case that the CEO was wrong to issue a ticket?

If you are able to post a picture of both the front and back of the PCN (blank out details relating to vehicle reg and PCN number), then that would help.

- Check to make sure the road on the PCN matches the location of where parked?

- Reg number correct?

DC

This is what is confusing me as if you do park in that road you do need either a residents permit, visitors permit or pay and display. The council is Redbridge and it says you can only park there for 2 hrs on pay and display. We don't have any pictures as he was leaving to go home and only came back to give me the tickets. I'll try to up load the pictures soon.

Did he park in Clarissa Rd or in Chadwell Heath High Rd? If the former, all bays are resident's only. If the latter, the only P&D bays nearby are here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Clarissa+Road,+Chadwell+Heath,+Essex.&hl=en&ll=51.570522,0.129154&spn=0.010176,0.014656&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Clarissa+Rd,+Romford,+Essex+RM6,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=51.57056,0.12932&panoid=lqKjSscGzayWQDiD0Es_jQ&cbp=12,162.41,,0,34.59

and the signs make no mention of a 2 hr limit.

What location does the PCN give?

He parked in Clarissa Rd and they have a P&D machine in Edgar road. I know other people have paid and parked there, i think the 2 hr limit is actually on the machine. Not sure if i'm giving you the right bit, but the location on the pcn says OS 1.

Am I right in assuming you live in Clarissa Road?

If so I suggest you write to the council explain that you had a visitor, you offered him a visitor permit but he said he had bought a P&D ticket and therefore didn't need one. Had you realised that he had not parked in a P&D bay you would have given him a visitor permit.

Although your friend was technically in contravention, this was a genuine mistake on his behalf, the council has suffered no financial loss, that you will ensure this doesn't happen again and ask that the council use it's discretion in this instance and cancel the PCN.

I don't live in Clarissa Road itself, there's a little alley way just off of it, and that's where i live. Even i didn't know you can't park in that road! I'll just write to them using your explanation.

Ah, see now i don't drive so i never bother with the machines etc. Definitely our fault then. Thanks for your help :)

Edited by Fumed_consumer
Missed a post

Wait a minute, so do you live in Pavement Mews above one of shops. If so, are you actually within Chadwell Heath CPZ and therefore entitled to visitor permits? Do you actually have any visitor permits for your visitors?

Edit: Ok, as you were, have just checked on Redbridge website and Pavement Mews is in the CPZ

Controlled Parking Zone:

http://www.redbridge.gov.uk/cms/parking_rubbish_and_streets/parking_and_vehicles/parking_permits_and_zones/controlled_parking_zone_maps.aspx

As for a resident owning Pavement Mews, that's extremely unlikely. More likely is that it is public highway or that it is owned by someone but that each property that backs onto it has a right of way for access or that each property that backs on to it owns that section but other properties have right of access. The only way to find out for sure is to look at the Land Registry entry for those properties

Hi,

I parked my car in february 2011 in a pay and display street parking with a valid parking ticket on it,when i came back there was a penalty ticket on my car but there was still more than 40 minutes on a parkign ticket that was clearly displayed on it,i looked around and i found the traffic warden who i believed left a ticket on my car,i spoke to him in a polite manner,he apologized and said that wirte to the gloucester council and they will cancel the fine,i wrtoe to them with the photocopies of parking tickets and explaination but they never replied,i assumed they cancelled it,after few months i found a clamp on my car and had to pay £350 to get it off which was devastating as i am a student and really short on finance,is there any way i can claim that money back, i have still kept them parking tickets in my documents file.

is there anything i can do to claim my money back?

also when they clamped the car it was on my brothers name as i sold the car to him few months ago but why did he get clamped as the fine was on my name.