Blue badge parking company ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we are new but have been reading today with interest about dealing with a parking company ticket.

Our problem is slightly different to those we have read we think.

Over the weekend we took our elderly grandmother shopping. She brought her blue badge with her so we could park in a disabled bay near to the shops.

On returning we found a parking ticket from one of these companies issuing us a £100 fine reduced to £60 for early payment

On inspecting the blue badge, it was 3 weeks out of date. My grandmother had forgotten to renew (she is doing so, now she has found this out)

Our question is do we just accept this - as technically the badge was out of date. Do we ignore, or do the lousy company have a case

many thanks in anticipation

Edited by happyal

no diff

blue badges have no legal status on private property anyhow

ignore as usual.

its NOT A FINE

but a speculative invoice anyhow

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ooops sorry, yes its an invoice, not a fine ! thanks for your replies so far

If anyone else offers a different opinion though, please feel free

we are getting confident vibes so far though !

simply do some reading in this forum

you'll soon get the idea

NO private parking invoice

has any LEGAL STATUS at all.

you'll get scary letters

then some more scary letter from the DCA's

just remember they have NO LEGAL POWERS to do anything.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your situation is NOT different. You have a meaningless demand from a powerless firm whose business is to extort money from motorists. Same as all the others.

It doesn't matter if your badge has expired any more than it matters whether you have a wheel trim missing, or your ash tray is full. They have no right whatsoever to fine you for it.

These silly companies have signs up saying blue badge must be displayed, seeing they have no authority over a blue badges use, that could mean an able bodied person could park with a blue badge, but a disabled person without one could not!

It would also be interesting to hear under what authority the invoice muppet at the car park is checking the validity of the blue badge?

It a very handy excuse for these companies to issue invoices using the "stop disabled bay abuse" ploy.

we have been considering all our options all day. We are coming to the conclusion that because the blue badge accidentally was expired date wise, that we cant take the chance of anyone taking this further.

The risk seems too great. Although we will be writing to all the retail outlets on the retail park informing them of their loss of our custom because they are associated with these parking companies

we have been considering all our options all day. We are coming to the conclusion that because the blue badge accidentally was expired date wise, that we cant take the chance of anyone taking this further

The risk seems too great. Although we will be writing to all the retail outlets on the retail park informing them of their loss of our custom because they are associated with these parking companies

The is no risk!!!!

You are being scammed!!

Ive had loads of these and nothing has happened.

If you look on money saving expert you will see

the letters that you will get.

It's a [problem]. Don't be fooled.

Finally there is no risk!!!! and if you do fall for this then it shows you have failed to read the advice etc. Why don't you just throw your money down the drain....

Believe me, we have looked non stop at all the sites, and 99% of the time it does appear nothing happens if you ignore it.... its just the badge expiry bit that makes us think we would be the 1% to fail.

We have yet to see any example of someone contesting these fake tickets due to an expired blue badge. If anyone can show me an example, it may help our confidence to ignore

You can pay it any time upto any court case date and it will go no further, so why worry?

If you pay it then all you are doing is keeping these rogues in business to carry on ripping off other innocent motorists. Please don't as that impacts on all of us.

You are no different from anyone else. All part of the [problem] letter chain. It makes no difference what reason u got given the invoice for. What company was it by the way?

You are also looking at it from the wrong angle. You don't contest an unvouce. You ignore it.

Do you mind me asking and don't take this the wrong way, but are you easy to fool? If so *please* give me your address and ill be around to see how much I can [problem] out of you by fake demands,deception etc

Believe me, we have looked non stop at all the sites, and 99% of the time it does appear nothing happens if you ignore it.... its just the badge expiry bit that makes us think we would be the 1% to fail.

We have yet to see any example of someone contesting these fake tickets due to an expired blue badge. If anyone can show me an example, it may help our confidence to ignore

If you received a windscreen ticket the PPC don't know who you are. If and when they pay £2.50 to the DVLA they will find out the Registered Keeper. They will not know who was driving or if the RK was even there. The PPC just want your money and will use scary words to help get it.

The Blue Badge aspect is completely meaningless

At this stage it would be helpful to your pocket if you named the PPC if not the location. Others will know if that PPC has any track record with court.

Otherwise agree with Notts Phil, you are literally throwing your money down the drain if you pay, worse still you won't have made the PPC shell out £2,50 and you will waste your time and money writing to faceless managers of retail outlets.

Why not post back and itemise what you think the risks are and these can be answered one by one. That will be cheaper than writing out a cheque

you do realise that your blue badge has NO LEGAL STANDING on private property valid or not?

all they have done is found 'fault' to use that to spoof you into filling their pockets.

lets put it another way.........

say someone's tax disc was out of date....

have you seen them do it for that?

nope

because they have no authority to do so. they are not the law

now so lets go one step further in your case then..

your BB was out of date?

what aRE YOU ACTUALLY frightened about here?

they aRE NOT the authority that issues your blue badge anyhow so how the hell can they punish you for it being out of date??

get real....

dx

and they

"We have yet to see any example of someone contesting these fake tickets due to an expired blue badge. If anyone can show me an example, it may help our confidence to ignore"

We cant as I and other members here have never seen one in the years we have been here and other sites.

There are a couple of PPC's who will try when an able bodied person parks in a disable bay, but one would not dare in your circumstance!

"We have yet to see any example of someone contesting these fake tickets due to an expired blue badge. If anyone can show me an example, it may help our confidence to ignore"

We cant as I and other members here have never seen one in the years we have been here and other sites.

There are a couple of PPC's who will try when an able bodied person parks in a disable bay, but one would not dare in your circumstance!

I currently have a guy at work at the first "Roxburger" letter for parking

ACROSS 3 dis-bays in a 7.5t truck to deliver instore, whilst I don't

condone it, I also know how legal the charge is, and what chance they

have of recovering it. It's your money, with respect, if you have it to throw

away that's your prerogative, but please think very carefully first, because

you will be throwing it away..

Good luck & best wishes, Dave.

and then they'll comeback for more if you pay too.

dx

and they

Please don't be a fool. There isn't a 1% who fail and whether your badge was out of date is completely, totally, utterly irrelevant. YOU OWE THEM NOTHING.

It can't be clearer, can it? Don't flush your money down the toilet.

Do not cave in, as the Blue badge has no status on private land, it is an invoice. Actually under the Equalities Act 2010, the company who own the land, could well be guilty of an offence of "Failing to make a reasonable adjustment" as in person is disabled fact, BB even though expired means that one of the vehicle occupants IS most likely disabled within the meaning of the Equalities Act, so if they did do court, the expired and new badges would provide an Absolute Defence" and would form the meat of the counterclaim for direct Disability Discrimination.

Who is in the wrong NOW? Certainly not OP, so chill and ignore these clowns.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!