hounded by One call insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a new motor insurance policy with One Call Insurance in September 2010. I should have known from the start there was going to be problems, the service was extremely poor from the very beginning.

I paid the full 12 months cover at the outset. The real problem started in August 2011 when I informed them that I had moved house. I was sent notification that I was to be charged £55 for the change of address of the policy. I live with my Sister, and she moved at exactly the same time and she also is insured with One Call, the charge against her policy (she pays monthly dd) was only £15. I wrote to One Call and informed them of this and asked them why the difference in charges.

I decided that I would just change my insurers, I had a serious lack of confidence in the One Call service in the case of any emergency as I had had nothing but trouble since the policy started. I took out a new policy with another company, at the same time cancelling my policy with One Call. Ever since I have been receiving what I can only call nuisance mail, warning me that my car will be seized due to not being insured. I contacted my new, reliable, and honest insurers who assure me that this cannot happen as I am fully insured. This morning I have received from a company which has a letterhead remarkably like One Call and is also located in Doncaster, telling me that they have added £25 to the debt and offering various ways of payment of what they term a debt.

I am loath to pay this as I do not believe it is due, please can anyone advise what I should do?

Rl675

Sounds like you may not have dealt with this quite correctly. First there may be reasons why your change of address premium adjustment was more than your sisters. All they do is key in your new address details and the premium adjustment is calculated. You can of course challenge this, not easy with One Call, as their name is totally misleading.

I would suggest that you put in a written complaint to One Call, advising them that if you they don't resolve within the 8 weeks allowed to them, that you will involve the FOS, as well as inform the FSA of the service issues. The FOS will charge One Call a £500 case fee if you went to them, so they may just write off some money. The FSA won't get involved, but they will keep a copy of any letter for future use, when they undertake a review.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Once you have a complaint registered, they have to stop all debt collection activity. So you would be wise to do this asap. On the issue of them using debt collection, they are allowed to do so, but they have certain rules. One of them is not to continue collection while the debt in being actively disputed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread