Car Insurances had incorrect data that was provided????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, I am after opinions on what I have found out after trying to renew my partner's car insurance with a well known insurance company. I have posted this on another forum but with little response so was hoping for some views / opinions.

We've had car and home insurance with this company for up to 10 yrs with no claims to date.

Every year we renew it, go over details etc make sure all correct and last year the renewal went up considerably which they said was due to a speeding S30 fine in Oct 08. No problems, we accepted it (painfully but then it was his fault!).

This year after comparing online again, I tried to get them to price match the internet quote as the moneysavingsupermarket page kept coming up with error messages for all deals so I thought I'd ring the insurance company instead even though I'd lose the car wash offer...

After 1hr and a half of them faffing about they then mentioned that the S30 conviction was not on previous policies at all or the renewal on their systems and that this would now add a further additional amount to the new poilcy which was about £60 different to the renewal they sent out last week.

What we are trying to find out is why was the speeding conviction not on the policy despite the fact that we did inform them, on the day we received the speeding ticket and also when last years premium was increased they said it was due to the conviction. We know this for definate as I huffed about it at the time(not to them though) but as I said earlier he was speeding so will have to pay the price for it. Ironically his proffession is as a driver and this is the only speeding ticket he has received in 10 yrs.

The call centre rep said it was definately NOT on there or has ever been so does that mean that since Oct 09 all of our policies were void? ie - What would have happened if we made a claim?

They said they would usually honour it but my partner's experience of working in insurance as underwriter for 10 years says it would be unlikely they would pay up if could get out of it so basically we have paid for insurance that would never had paid up since Oct 08!

One thing is we should have checked the paperwork. We have now and there is no where on there that would show the conviction and all other data is correct. I asked the question where would it show and they said it probably wouldn't have.

Incidentally we are not after compensation, we just want to find out how this happened and would the company of definately paid out had we made a claim since Oct 08.

I have kept all of the quotes plus the one they used to price match last year which clearly shows we declared the conviction.

Any opinions on what to do now? What would you do?

Most importantly is are there any known examples of where a claim has not been paid out due to undisclosed speeding convictions? Any help would be greatfully received. I'm not happy to just drop this until I am sure!

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

IMO a S30 speeding fine would not increase premiums! however not notifying the insurance company may invalidate the insurance, no hard and fast rules here.

As its in the past,why worry about it, they know now and its a new policy, so you can compare on a level playing field.

Insurance in general has gone up considerably in the past few months so we are all suffering from the large claims that have been put in.