Insurers' settlement period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a vehicle that's currently being investigated by my insurer's verification department. 8 weeks have now elapsed since I made the claim and my question is, do car insurers have a specific time frame governed by a regulating body within which they have to make a proposal?

I have posted previously on the specifics of my insurance claim if you'd like more detail.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?319219-Insurance-Claim-question&highlight=weerascal

Edited by WeeRascal

I have posted previously on the specifics of my insurance claim if you'd like more detail.

Hello there. It would help people trying to help you if you post a link to your other thread rather than leaving them to try and find them. You'll probably have more replies that way.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

There is no real time limit, it shouldn't really take more than 2-3 weeks, it can be done in a matter of days if your insurer are any good, not many are, probably none of them bar a couple of the small guys out there.

There are clearly some issues with your case, it appears they either suspect you of involvement or are totally incompetent.

I beleive on the other thread, mention has been made about the FOS, their timescales, what's not noted is the FOS can ask for the file at any time in the 8 week period. The other potential is if the underwriters is a Lloyd's syndicate, Lloyd's also have their own proceedures which may help resolve, this only gives the udnerwriters 2 weeks before they get their hands on it (they then have 6 to deal before the FOS can get involved). Suggest if you havn't already you start complaining,.

It's Churchill. They appear to have an uncanny knack of drawing things out. It took a week to get an phone 'interview', 12 days for them to send out a form they needed. And today I got a call from the garage where my car has sat since the fire saying that a salvage team contacted them to say that they were going to pick up my car. If the garage hadn't called me, my car would have been uplifted without Churchill even asking me. The car is a total loss of course, but I still own it.

The FOS site explains that they will complain on my behalf. But Churchill are allowed 8 weeks to respond. It seems the system is very much in favour of the Insurers.