I've won DLA Tribunal what happens with payments now?

tinkthetaff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I originally applied for DLA for my son in Aug 09, I was turned down and appealed had Tribunal on 30/09/2011 and won :-D we were awarded middle rate car and lower mobility, I was just wondering if anyone can help me work out how much back pay I would receive? x I phoned them today and got nowhere. My mum won an appeal 3 years ago and DLA dragged their feet in working out her backpay etc I eventually lost my rag and demanded it was sorted and they did. I think this is going the same was as they said they haven't received anything from the tibunal yet :-x I was just wondering also if I phone them and ask to be put through to the section dealing with it which section do I ask for? Many Thanks in advance x x x

Not sure if it is o any help but I won my ESA tribunal on 09/09/2011 and I have since been waiting like you for news. I phoned them and was told it is going through the process off a decision maker to work out my group, backpay and how much I am entitled to...hang in there And they will do it. If you don't mind me asking but did you call them before and complain about the process? And if you did did it hurry the process? I don't feel like me calling is doing anything

Thank goodness :) Will it really be 2 years backpay? When I worked it out it was a lot of money!!! Also I receive tax credits (working and child) I informed them as I was told they would go up, will this also be backdated from the original claim?

They messed my mum about for weeks saying they hadn't received tribunal papers when they were faxed to them, I phoned and demanded someone who knew what they were talking about as I was getting frustrated they put me through to a lovely lady who had it sorted withing 2 days :) Tool about a week after that for her to receive her backpay

Well I phone on Friday and they still haven't received the papers from the tribunal then I was told that if the descision maked disagrees with the outcome it will be disallowed :-x I told her she was wrong it was only if there was a discrepancy or a legal issue and she said no I was misinformed and she was right!!! I phoned the benefits helpline nearly in tears where he confirmed I was in fact .................. right :razz:

It can take up to 6 weeks for the backpay to be issued. You can't get 'put through' to a section anymore, because the enquiry lines are now on a virtual call centre system and calls cannot be transferred to the Benefit Centre. What you can do though, is ask for a call back from the DLA appeals section. If there is an issue with them getting the tribunal notification, will they accept you faxing across your notification?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)