elephant idiots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok BIL is having issues with elephant

he had a small car accident on around 2 months ago where he slid off road and hit a wall

the owner of the wall has stated he wont be claiming off the insurance as it barely scratched it

as he was 3rd part he paid for recovery and the fact the cars written off himself

he has since cancelled the insurance

they have written to him stating that they wanted £670 within 7 days or they would assign it to a debt collection agency

on ringing to find out why he was told a claim had been raised against the policy, but would not give details

they later relented and stated that it was the other driver, it was pointed out there was NO other driver

they then said there was no claim on the policy but they required the money incase someone did

they have then even later stated that he had 6 months leeway if no one claimed in this time there would be no charge

this has now been revoked and they again want the money instantly

intrestingly when they phoned to inform of this they went through all the policy details, what they wanted and why to someone whos not on the policy which im sure is a heafty breach of the DPA.....

so any advice?

ive banged off the ussually removal of implied access leter and informed them this also applies to any collectors they assign

as hes in his parents house and has no valuable property there (its at ours)

and he has no income apart from job seakers and owes us and other people approx £500 which is prior debts

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well technically Elephant are correct. If a claim event is reported to them, they are entitled to the full years premium. Remember that under the limitations act, potentially the wall owner, has up to 6 years to make the claim. If there was a windy period (not storm) and the wall fell down, their Home Insurers might not cover. The wall owner might then try to make a claim against the Car Insurers. Yes very difficult to pursue, but possible.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

at the very least Elephant are entitled to a cancellation fee....

Ive been with Elephant for 4 years, and have had no problems..... i have missed the odd DD, but they just spread they payments over the year..... and on hearing hat some people go through with other companies, i say 10 out of 10 to elephant..... obviously never had to claim, o cant comment on that!