Aviva Car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder whether you can help me.

I am insured with Aviva through an insurance broker. A few months into my policy I changed that car I am driving. The insurance broker told me that because the new car's engine is smaller than the previous one the insurance will be cheaper and because I finished paying for my insurance I will have a credit of £500 with Aviva.

When I asked for this money back the broker told me that Aviva have made a mistake and not only that I don't have a credit of £500, I owe them £170. The problem is that Aviva say that because they had a problem with their electronic system it's not their fault and because the new quote was given to my insurance broker on the phone they don't stand behind what they say as it is not a written quote (although all their calls are recorded).

What can I do to get my money back? is it the Aviva's fault or the insurance broker?

Thanks a lot for the helpers, I hope it's clear...

Jose

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jose,

Write to Aviva at the following address with a recorded delivery letter - The Data protection Team,Aviva Insurance UK ltd,Level 2,Pitheavlis,Perth,PH2 ONH and ask for a subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998.You will have to pay £10.00

for this and they must send you everything you request in 40 days this should include copies of all phone calls,internal memoes,mail between Aviva and your broker etc and everything that is relevant to your case.

Once you have this I wouldnt bother with fos i found them unbelievably slow and not much use,I personally would proceed to County Court and issue proceedings.If you do this remember to claim for all your relevant costs ,ie cost of phone calls,letters,your time for the same and interest on the money you are owed.

Good luck i hope you get back the money you are owed and read my other postings for more details of my claim with Aviva.