Barclays and Arc Legal only give £1500 to fund tribunal, please help asap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclays and Arc Legal only give £1500 to fund tribunal, please help asap, honybee has also asked me to post on the insurance thread in the hope that you can please help me, my thread is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?319982-Barclays-Arc-Legal-only-offer-%A31250-to-fund-tribunal-please-help-me!!!!!!

Mwynci, i only took legal cover with arc because it said in the contract i signed legal cover of upto £50,000, if i had know they would only offer £1250 then i would never had signed the contract, this is misleading promising up to £50,000 in legal fess, then only offering £1250 when it suites them, cant find a solictor to do the case for £1250, should i go with the panel solictors would you say they are just as good as any other employment law solictor?

Arc are correct in what their saying, the FOS to date have suported this stance.

Take the £1250.00 or use their solicitors.

hi, checked again just says "legal cover of up to £50,000" doesnt say anything at all about any limits in the policy book, really confused now

Hello again. I also suggested you should check the policy wording to see if there was anything more specific than 'upt to £50k', don't know if you did that.

My best, HB

Hello again.

When did you take out cover please? I know you discussed this on the Employment forum. If you knew you might need to go to a tribunal, did you ask how much they would pay for that? Without seeing the policy document, it's difficult to comment about whether you are covered or not.

I'm not sure it's relevant, but if you add up what you've paid in premiums specifically for the legal cover, how does it compare with £1500?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

had cover with barclays home insurance 5 years, only realised the legal cover could be used for employment problems by reading this problem, never knew about it before, i'm going towards the thinking that something is better than nothing at the end of the day

Hello again.

When did you take out cover please? I know you discussed this on the Employment forum. If you knew you might need to go to a tribunal, did you ask how much they would pay for that? Without seeing the policy document, it's difficult to comment about whether you are covered or not.

I'm not sure it's relevant, but if you add up what you've paid in premiums specifically for the legal cover, how does it compare with £1500?

My best, HB