Washing machine repair from Hoover Candy via Domestic and General

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i'm wondering if anyone will be able to give me some advice.

First of all apologies as this will probably be a long post.

So here's the problem - My washing machine broke down on 6th September, it's 3 and a half years old but I have a Protection Plan with Domestic and General, the washing machine is Hoover.

Phoned D & G when it broke down who then put me through to Hoover Candy. They said the first available appointment for my area was Mon 12th September, I told them I wasn't happy at having to wait so long but she just apologised and said there was nothing she could do and that was the first available appointment.

So Mon 12th Sept I got a message on my phone saying that the engineer had called in sick and he was fully booked for the rest of that week and on holiday the following week so she couldn't give me a date to get it fixed!

Needless to say I was straight back on the phone to them to see when it would be getting fixed and they said the next available appointment was Wed 21st Sept !

Told them this was outrageous and unacceptable so they said they would see if they could arrange a care and repair for me, which means that I could get someone to fix it myself and they would refund the money.

They phoned me back to say they couldn't allow that because my appliance was less that 5 years old the parts were still covered by Hoover Candy but the labour was covered by Domestic and General (which isn't made clear on the Plan)

I asked them what's maximum time frame I should have to wait on an engineer coming out, they said 5 working days.

I asked them what happens if that's not adhered to, they didn't have an answer, so I told them I wished to file a complaint.

So I was on the phone to Hoover Candy and said I wished to make a complaint because the time frame had exceeded 5 working days, he said what do you mean 5 working days, I said I had spoken to someone from D & G and they said that, he asked if I had it in writing, I said no, he said we don't have a time limit for sending engineers out and I said well that's not what D and G said.

I phoned D and G back and told them that Hoover Candy had said they didn't have a time limit for sending engineers out and he said that that was a lie, they have the same time limit ie 5 working days.

Anyway I told him (well by this time I might have been shouting a bit) that I was disgusted with way I was being treated and that it was a complete and utter joke that I had to wait 15 days for an engineer to come out and I can't wait that long as I have 3 young kids in the house blah blah blah, so he's filing a complaint for me about the time it's all taking, also that Hoover Candy have lied abou the 5 working days time frame and I should hear from them within 48hrs with a solution or an explanation!

Sorry for the long post but is there anything I can do if they are still saying 21st September? I'm at my wits end with all of this, I could scream!

Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks

have you approached the retailer that you purchased the appliance from

ideally, this should be a SOGA issue.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a number for the operations director's office at Hoover Candy as I had to make a complaint about waiting time for an engineer last year. It's in my office though so I can't get it till Monday - will let you have it then. When I rang them, they arranged an engineer from another area pretty sharpish.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 months later...

I am also having many problems with Hoover Candy. I bought a new washer dryer in February and three weeks ago it stopped working completely as the concrete stabiliser inside the drum snapped in half. For the first visit, the engineer told me I would have to wait a week while spare parts arrived. The day that he was supposed to come and repair the machine, the call centre phoned to say that the parts had arrived "damaged" so I would have to wait a further week. The next date they were supposed to fix the machine, an engineer from their subsidiary company turned up with a work sheet saying this was a "first visit" so he had no spare parts to fix the machine and I would have to wait a further week. The third visit, the engineer left after an hour as he didn't have the right spare parts so, again, I was told to wait another week which takes us into Christmas when nobody will be doing anything. I have had to make numerous trips to the laundrette. This is a comedy company with little or no interest in their customers. The engineer who came out the third time also left a big box of rubbish behind which I am expected to dispose of. I have written to their complaints department. The address is as follows - Complaints Department, Hoover Candy Group, Breightnet Industrial Estate, Bury Road, Bolton, BLD 6PU. I advise that you send it by registered post. I have also enclosed a copy of my complaint for the Money Mail section at the Daily Mail as they are currently doing an expose on incompetent customer service. It might focus their minds if a national tabloid gets involved. Personally, I will never buy anything again from this company.

i would start your own thread

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can understand your situation, I was so angry and frustrated at the time. I ended up getting £40 compensation from them but I agree with you, i'll never buy another Hoover Candy product again. Hope your machine gets sorted soon.

• 4 weeks later...

hi nic i am having the same bother with hoover even the company i bought machine with is getting the run around with them last week when i spoke to them i started crying and was told to calm down and make myself a cup of tea well they have till tomorrow night then im on the phone to d&g also trading standards and the sunday post if not sorted out in 48 hours i had 6 adults staying over christmas and a 32 mile round trip to my nearest laundrette which i didnt like but it was needs must

• 7 months later...

Hi, How was this resolved in the end? I have a similar problem -I have been waiting since July 8th to get my washing machine fixed. They came to do it 3 weeks ago (I was on holiday but my mum let them in) but the new part the engineer brought was broken so I got back from holiday with piles of washing and no machine!. They are supposed to be doing it today. I am trying to get compensation for laundry costs/ inconvenience etc. I too have done a lot of shouting on the phone!!

• 1 year later...
Hi, How was this resolved in the end? I have a similar problem -I have been waiting since July 8th to get my washing machine fixed. They came to do it 3 weeks ago (I was on holiday but my mum let them in) but the new part the engineer brought was broken so I got back from holiday with piles of washing and no machine!. They are supposed to be doing it today. I am trying to get compensation for laundry costs/ inconvenience etc. I too have done a lot of shouting on the phone!!

be better to start your own thread

see the video below

dx

and they

Still no contact from Hoover not very professional with handling complaints and repairs, when reading blogs from other countries it is the same lack of after sales service. Have purchased a replacement machine[ certainly not a Hoover] from Currys with their repair cover at £4 per month and covers every thing, much cheaper than Domestic and General. I will never ever purchase again anything with the name Hoover and will advise anybody to steer clear of this shambolick company.

under soga your don't ned any additional cover

it is FREE

dx

and they

Thanks for replying. Yes I bought it new. It's had a fair amount of use but nothing you wouldn't expect a family washing machine to cope with. I looked at the SOGA and it seems a bit vague about durability but 15 months seems very short to me.

Thanks for replying. Yes I bought it new. It's had a fair amount of use but nothing you wouldn't expect a family washing machine to cope with. I looked at the SOGA and it seems a bit vague about durability but 15 months seems very short to me.

A washing machine should last at least 3 years in my opinion with average usage without any problems. If you phone the Citizens Advice helpline, they can advise you on SOGA. Once it is out of warranty, you just have to show that a part failed that should not have done so and the manufacturer should repair it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and they

• 2 months later...
I have a number for the operations director's office at Hoover Candy as I had to make a complaint about waiting time for an engineer last year. It's in my office though so I can't get it till Monday - will let you have it then. When I rang them, they arranged an engineer from another area pretty sharpish.

I don't suppose anyone can give me info about speaking to a director. I can't get call backs from supervisors or managers or complaints. I've spent 2.5+ hours on the phone in the past week & they keep changing call outs or not telling me when they are booked for. I have 5 Candy appliances in my 1 year old house - they are useless!

Phone 01685 721222 and ask for executive complaints.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread