Car Insurance Preferred Repairers & Additional Excess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Please can someone offer some advice on a couple of things in relation to car insurance.

A person bumped into my car ina a car park and has done damage to the left hand rear door and wheel arch. Unbelivably the person left a note and has since admitted full liability etc.

Upon phoning my insurer they have advised that they will waive the £250 excess however if I want to go back to the dealership for repairs, as my car is only 7 weeks old, I will be liable for the excess as well as an additional £200. As I don't have legal cover they have advised that I will need to claim this back directly from the TP's insurance. Can someone tell me if I will be able to reclaim all of the excess i.e. £450. I don't see why I should be disadvantaged and go to a "preferred" repairer.

In addition to this my wife was the last person to drive the car and as such my insurers have asked for confirmation of her licence details. This is all fine except for one point in that she still has her maiden name on her licence. Can someone advise if this will represent an issue.

Any help and advise is much appreciated.

Many thanks

The licence issue can be explained. In respect of the repairer, the policy wording will state what position the Insurers take with this, which I think is acceptable to the FOS, as there is a choice. The Insurers have I believe correctly stated the choices that you have. If you use the the Insurers preferred repairer, the Insurers are legally responsible for the quality of repairs and I believe that there is no car warranty implication. If you used the dealership, if you had any problems with the repair, it would be your responsibility to resolve.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread