Complicated car claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All

last week i left my car parked opposite my house for the day and came home to find the whole side dented and the mirror sitting on the roof.

after going through hours of a neighbours cctv i watched a van park alongside my car and shortly after 2 workman placing the mirror on the roof of my car and also one of them wiping one of the scuffed doors.

after investigating further i found that they were working by a neighbour and i found which firm they worked for and went to track them down.

on arrival to the firm i noticed the said white van parked with long black marks along the side (colour of my car and my car has white marks) i spoke to the owner who in turn got his employees to discuss with me and they swore that they had never touched it and it was hit by a blue car and they failed to get the plate, and later they had picked up my mirror and placed on roof of the car.

i then went to view cctv further and could not find any vechile fitting their description hitting my car or passing?

they also keep changing their story about what they saw and where they were at the time, their boss says there is nothing further he can do.

i measured the scratches on the van and they are perfectly in line with my car to the milimetre.

my question is i guess

1. what will the insurance companies say to this as i have no witness or cctv footage of the van actually hitting due to the angle?

2. is it my word against theirs?

3. or is the balance of probabilities taken into question?

i dont really want my insurance to lose no claims. any help is most appriciated.

my question is i guess

1. what will the insurance companies say to this as i have no witness or cctv footage of the van actually hitting due to the angle?

2. is it my word against theirs?

3. or is the balance of probabilities taken into question?

i dont really want my insurance to lose no claims. any help is most appriciated.

Ask the Police, re the third parties responsibility under the Road Traffic Acts to provide their Insurance details.

1) Normally Insurers will work on the balance of probability, as would be the case if it went to court.

I think I would discuss this with the Police and your Insurers first. If your Insurance includes legal expenses, also speak to them. I would think depending on the CCTV, any pictures you have of the damage and their van, that you would have a reasonable chance of success if you took them to court. Perhaps a letter threatening such action, might help them to come to a decision, as would they be willing to go to court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread