Car damaged at work by falling tile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bizarre (deleted post why?) Probably can't claim off the companies Insurance unless negligence can be proved that the roof was not maintained. Suspect that you would only be able to claim off own Car Insurance if you have comprehensive. Remember that tpf&t does not cover storm damage.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm thinkin the company will have public liability, the car is parked on their property no??

Does not work that way. To be able to claim liability, you have to be able to prove they are legally responsible i.e. negligent.

Many people think that if they parked their car somewhere and it gets damaged by something falling on it, that they can claim off the person responsible for maintaining the tree or building. Does not really work that way, if there are storm force winds. The cause is seen to be the storm and the not something that can be pursued against the relevant party.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread