• Tweets

• The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

halifax mint credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello can anyone give it this letter once over for your opinions please, letter recieved today,mentions default notice too, back in 2009 which i had not received at all,also mentions agreement ended but still paying mthly in to their direct bank account through internet banking , is that right? if the pic to small to read any ideas how to make them bigger? whats nex,t account dispute letter ?:???:

LETTER IS DOWN ON POST 6 TO READ

P1010005-1-1-1.jpg

Edited by bezzy0_0
spelling pic resize?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ignore the letter, they are trying to confuse you. If they cannot produce an enforceable agreement the most they can do is ask for payment, they cannot enforce it through a court.

You'll just have to see what else they provide before you decide how to continue.

thanks for reply appreciated , there is sorry looking reconstitued cca's x2 with this letter , cannot make heads or tails off them all copied extracts of what they want you to read and very little what i supposed to get, LOTS OF RELEVANT OMISSIONS I GUESS, cannot find anywhere when agreement started , whats owing , interest /cancelation info ,very poor in my opinion , would put them up but thave to wait till reach 20 posts 1st, did not receive dn back in alledged 09, been paying through internet banking a reduced agreed amount not missed , do i send in the letter of dispute now await what they come back with?

• 1 month later...

Helllo everyone , has any one had simular circumstances of the below, short story, requested cca for credit card account , sent of sar , usual fob off paperwork sent back , sent cputr 2008 confim denial or holding current cca , no mention or replys to this one has yet, did get back letters which were not expected,letter reads:

i am writing in regards of recent payment to the above numbered account

(no details of when they refer to):???:( that wouldn't be my recent token payment you received then:roll:) then goes to say:

the card number quoted by your bank/building society was incorrect, so your payment could not be applied automatically to your account. on this occasion we have manually applied your payment to your credit card account

(funny that, has i have used the same automatic online payment procedure from my account to them for last 3 years with out any issues what so ever:???:)

(are they up to something i am not aware off ?)

from an angela taylor senior manager customer services

also 2nd letter received

you recently wrote us with a complaint regarding your halifax credit card

i responded to your complaint on XX march 2011 and in that letter i enclosed a cheque for £25.00. however sadly due to a processing error it seems the check(how they spelt it)lol, was not included in the letter and has now been cancelled for that reason.

(what letter sent ?dated has a above , did not get one never mind a cheque)

please see the enclosed cheque and please accept my opologies for this delay.

( dont recall sending a complaint letter has such, has they have never to date sent me their complaint procedures that i had requested)

sent by peter kerr customer relations

ANY ADVICE WELCOMED

Edited by bezzy0_0
spelling

Halifax are allegedly useless at actually reading and understanding the content of letters sent to them. I have, in the past had terrible troubles with that very point, and had I known of CAG then I could have taken them to the cleaners, sadly it is too late now. They are, of course, not alone in that particular failing, I would recommend resending your letter typed in at least font size 20 (I know will use alot of paper) and request that although their previous responses are very interesting and will be carefully filed away, you now require a personalised reply to the points raised therein.

I wish you luck, but don't hold out too much hope!!

Halifax are allegedly useless at actually reading and understanding the content of letters sent to them. I have, in the past had terrible troubles with that very point, and had I known of CAG then I could have taken them to the cleaners, sadly it is too late now. They are, of course, not alone in that particular failing, I would recommend resending your letter typed in at least font size 20 (I know will use alot of paper) and request that although their previous responses are very interesting and will be carefully filed away, you now require a personalised reply to the points raised therein.

I wish you luck, but don't hold out too much hope!!

thanks for that , reply appreciated ,

still not sure what there up to , should i put the £25 pound cheque in my bank?

still in dispute with them,I dont want to be firing off more letters to query the strange letter replys, just leave them stewing over the CPUTR 2008 RECENT REQUEST .

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, not been on my thread for a while due to dealing with others, anyway update of info /letters sent to me between march and up to may 2011, i ave posted 15 atachments to be followed next page by another 11 so read all , esp the S.A.R request only ackowledged a few days ago somewhat 70 days late , is there any compensation procedure i need to be doing with halifax , has all others complied with the deadline.?still have recieved nothing to date in regards to sar and they are aware i want to reclaim bank charges etc, any advice on what they have sent me in regards to cca enfocibility with the reconsittuted?

P1010166halifax1.jpg

P1010167.jpg

P1010168halifax.jpg

P1010169halifax.jpg

P1010170halifax.jpg

P1010171halifax.jpg

P1010172halifax.jpg

P1010173halifax.jpg

P1010174halifax.jpg

P1010175halifax.jpg

P1010176halifax.jpg

P1010177halifax.jpg

P1010178halifax.jpg

P1010179halifax.jpg

P1010180halifax.jpg

Edited by bezzy0_0

continued from above post.

P1010181halifax.jpg

P1010182halifax.jpg

P1010183halifax.jpg

P1010184halifax.jpg

P1010185halifax.jpg

P1010186halifax.jpg

P1010187halifax.jpg

P1010188halifax.jpg

P1010189halifax.jpg

P1010190halifax.jpg

P1010191halifax.jpg

P1010192halifax.jpg

P1010193halifax.jpg

dont understand why they sent me the last letter with the data sheet i never requested anything like this?any thought anyone?

CAN HALIFAX CREDIT CARD SERVICES OFFSeT MONIES FROM MY LLOYDS TSB BUSINESS ACCOUNT URGENT INFO REQUIRED HAS SOON HAS THANKS , THIS IS WHATS SENT TO ME TODAY

P1010212halifax1.jpg

P1010213halifax2.jpg

ANYONE PLEASE?

Also can tell me i am suppose to receive regular monthly or yearly staements of account,

has i have not had any sent to me since default for a few years or more now , why sent this one

above now> is it because i have recently stopped paying them ?

Edited by bezzy0_0

Really need your urgent help with this one guys ,

getting no response eleswhere with in other tread posted recently,

have a credit card debt with halifax fo 4k and in dispute of them not locating my original cca, which they have admitted they cannot produce, but they still insist that its still enforcible, sent me reconsituted ones , copied from what??

i have also hopefully a safe account with lloyds tsb business, of 27 yrs , want i want to know ,

can halifax offset funds from my lloyds tsb acccount , do lloyds tsb operate independant licence meaning halifax will not be able to offset??see below sent other day, :sad:

P1010212halifax1.jpg

any speedy advice really appreciated

you need to act quickly I'm affraid. they do and they will. barclays put me into overdraft and I'd been with them for 30 years! now I am not but I am unable to close the account as my ex won't sign any papers!

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

I would move those funds ASAP, they do have the right of offset.

thanks for really speedy reply cerberusalert, appreciated,

well i was dreading that response,

the real problem is that i would love to do what you suggest ,but its not that straight forward for me.

my lloyds tsb business account, i am disabled, run a business which is just about providing a living for me and my dependants, one of children is severely diabled,

most of the funds coming in other than salary, which is not alot because of my disibilty,

are from my dla disability living allowence, war pension, housing benefit, and working tax credit which amounts to over 1k mth

the problem is because of my x4 defaults in 2008/09 with credit card compines in the past, i have a bad credit rating,

following advice on here a few months back i tried to get a parachute account in order to move the direct debits i have and have all my credits from dla etc paid in there too, but i got turned down by citibank, has i believed they were favourable according to posters , i have no ccj's etc,,

i have recently got rid of my long standing overdraft with lloyds has to pricey, so running no overdraft, in credit too. not by alot though,

if halifax do take out funds we stand to lose everything, get behind rent to the landlord, possibly lose lease of 11 years we had so far,have no where left to bank with, if i cannot get a parachute account,

i could run the lloyds account a bare minimum so they cannot take too much ,which pretty much what i do anyway,

but i am sure i would not get another business account elsewhere, and not sure if its good idea to reapply for another basic parachute account so soon , its only been a few mths since last refusal.

so what options do i have left open to me?

1)although i only stop paying halifax for 1st time last mth(hoping to go SB route) do i pay a £1 token fee mthly. etc?

2)???????????????????????

Try the Post office or the CO-OP for an account.

If all else fails then, Lloyds will/should inform you that they will be using another account to offset, in this instance you can send them a letter informing them of a right of appropriation, by which you basically inform them that they cannot touch any money in your account as it is all spoken for.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?578-Right-of-Appropriation-Stop-the-bank-from-taking-your-money

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The Cooperative do a basic a/c, everything but chequebook or overdraft. It can be applied for on-line or over the 'phone.... http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1193206368743,CFSweb/Page/Bank-CurrentAccounts

thanks , i noticed this one a little while back, but i am sure i remember reading avidly in the forums that people were being turned down even for this account,

that had simular credit ratings has myself, would the timing be approaite in regards to credit checks for the co-op account being made,

bearing mind there will a footprint of my last refusal on file a few mths ago,your advice is good , i know what to do , i have to get myself in to gear so to speak , also i am aware my credit file is pretty much trashed, not borthered about that has dont want or intend to get credit again. dont want another refusal really

People were having problems when they applied in the branch offices, the front desk staff didn't seem to know/comprehend about these a/cs.

bearing mind there will a footprint of my last refusal on file a few mths
They only stay on for about 3 months, but even then you are not asking for a credit a/c.

Did you say the Lloyds account is a business account? If so is it in the name of the business? They won't be able to offset from that account if it is, as a business is a separate legal entity. If it's in your own name (say as a self-employed person or sole-trader) then maybe they can.

Did you say the Lloyds account is a business account? If so is it in the name of the business? They won't be able to offset from that account if it is, as a business is a separate legal entity. If it's in your own name (say as a self-employed person or sole-trader) then maybe they can.

i am the latter, sole trader:sad:

• 2 months later...