halifax mint credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

P1, I sometimes wonder would I

be a very rich man if I represented

people for the fees I could charge

instead of being charitable,there

are some I do decline for very

obvious reasons:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

P1, I sometimes wonder would I

be a very rich man if I represented

people for the fees I could charge

instead of being charitable,there

are some I do decline for very

obvious reasons:madgrin:

My thoughts run along similar lines at times..... but I'm not that good at shuffling paper and nodding a lot; which seems to be what a lot of these people do for their fat salaries..... so maybe not.... :lol:

Hi P1, the Bl**dy crazy litigation spree

the DCAs are on at the moment is

enormous, compared to this time last

year I personally see a 70% increase.

So my advice is do not ignore unless

it is an obvious phishing letter with

no details of the debt being chased.

well it seems indeed that times are hard for the DCAs :lol::lol:

But my point also is they are winning

a hell of a lot of these cases because

of misguided advice ( though I hope well meant)

to ignore the letters.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

But my point also is they are winning

a hell of a lot of these cases because

of misguided advice ( though I hope well meant)

to ignore the letters.

A lot depends on which DCA it is.... but if you get a tenacious bunch with a pitbull solicitor, then it needs to be tackled from the very first letter.

Moorcroft are not difficult to shake off; I've had the pleasure :p of their pre-court threats on three seperate occasions over the years and they've crawled off very quickly when challenged.... but the likes of Fredrickson International (Bryan Carter) and Cabot for example, are a different ball game. :madgrin:

I've been ignoring Moorcroft as well. Although in my case they are acting on behalf of an original creditor and I'm paying a chunk of money every month to the OC. For some reason, they think hiring Moorcroft is going to conjure a big stash of money out of thin air...bizarre.

The whole DCA business is changing

not so many are going away when

challenged.

I would always advise now to think

carefully before ignoring the letters:madgrin:

If the advice is not to ignore the letters then what action would you suggest to the letter posted by the OP??

Intend

That the account remains in dispute over a CCA request sent to xxxxx on xx/xx/xx and until this matter is clarified under CPUTR, no payments will be forthcoming and I suggest you liaise with you client. Something like that.

OP could also add that.... seeing as xxxx now appear to be chasing an unsubsubstantiated amount of money, is your company now claiming to have enforceable paperwork pertaining to OP under CPUTR 2008? If not, please confirm so in writing or bog off.

:-)

As P1 says simple straight forward not acknowledging

any debt, lets the DCA know that they have a fight on.:madgrin::boxing::boxing:

That the account remains in dispute over a CCA request sent to xxxxx on xx/xx/xx and until this matter is clarified under CPUTR, no payments will be forthcoming and I suggest you liaise with you client. Something like that.

OP could also add that.... seeing as xxxx now appear to be chasing an unsubsubstantiated amount of money, is your company now claiming to have enforceable paperwork pertaining to OP under CPUTR 2008? If not, please confirm so in writing or bog off.

:-)

thanks pri1 and brig, appreciated has always,never do ignore all letters received , always keep oc updated but not replying to every letter they send though , i know which letters to ignore and which one's to reply back to by now, getting the hang off this:wink:, i have just sent reply to oc has update to that account is still in dispute stating exacltly the above cputr 2008,has per usual and expected,they skirt around issue with no real confirmation, and off we go again to other dca etc

Edited by bezzy0_0
spelling

• 1 month later...

just received these letters from midas credit services acting for rbs , mint credit card debt, in dispute ,cuptr 2008 request , etc, and cap quest acting for halifax credit card , in dispute , also cputr 2008 request , even though both mint and halifax delude themselves there is no dispute stating that's there final say in the matter , i keep replying to all there dca's chasing, do i report halifax and mint to various bodies for harrasment while i know its in dispute wether oc's accept that or not? thanks:-x

rbsmintmidas1stletterreceived.jpg

halifaxcapquestfirstletter.jpg

Edited by bezzy0_0

There are a few of these lurking around the forums. Do a search and see what others are doing..

The only thing I can suggest is that you just send them a letter repeating what you have said before. That there was and still remains a dispute with the Original creditor and that this account should be returned to them for resolution of that dispute.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There are a few of these lurking around the forums. Do a search and see what others are doing..

The only thing I can suggest is that you just send them a letter repeating what you have said before. That there was and still remains a dispute with the Original creditor and that this account should be returned to them for resolution of that dispute.

thanks, will do.:-)

bezzy

you would do an awful lot better if you refrained from making

new threads every time you get letters

you already have a thread from the cap1 card here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325083-Capital-One-Credit-Card-Debt

and for the mint card here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?317916-halifax-mint-credit-card-debt

i'd post the letters on those threads

so's not to waste people time

in re-advising again and again

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 years later...

Well time up for this mint debt, statue barred tommorow , been 6 years since last payment made to original ( halifax-rbs)) 03/03/2011 so 6 yrs old ,

i had asked for another cca which they ran out of the 12 days to comply with , stated will be with me within 40 days time , april 2017 at the latest?

Just pondering whether wise to send stat barred letter tommorow by recored delivery or wait untill cca arrive in months time then send ,?

no you keep quiet

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just pondering whether wise to send stat barred letter tomorrow by recorded delivery or wait until cca arrive in months time then send ,?

No not wise at all, keep poking the dog and it'll bite.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!