Fos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having a complaint investigated by the Financial Ombudsman in regards to PPI on the basis that Barclays FirstPlus did not refund the full amount paid out. As a result of letters to BFP and then subsequently to FOS from me asking for full breakdown of the amounts I have paid against capital, PPI and Interest, BFP have ignored my requests to supply and are now ignoring FOS requests to supply. FOS say they cannot force BFP to supply this info. Why not? Information that BFP have supplied to FOS was only supplied on the agreement that FOS dont show it to me. WHo are FOS working for?

If you have your agreement and statements showing the repayments, it is possible to work out what you should be getting back. An option then would be to tell fos what you should be paid or alternatively sue for it.

ims

hi kibris,

look who pays their wages, say no more.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

FOS say they cannot force BFP to supply this info. Why not? Information that BFP have supplied to FOS was only supplied on the agreement that FOS dont show it to me. WHo are FOS working for?

Hello Kibris

If your complaint is still being assessed by an Adjudicator or been passed to an Ombudsman for a final decision, remind them of their statutory powers to request information.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/8/section/231

231 Ombudsman’s power to require information.

(1)An ombudsman may, by notice in writing given to a party to a complaint, require that party—

(a)to provide specified information or information of a specified description; or

(b)to produce specified documents or documents of a specified description.

(2)The information or documents must be provided or produced—

(a)before the end of such reasonable period as may be specified; and

(b)in the case of information, in such manner or form as may be specified.

Regards

Ian

Hi

Thanks for all your responses. Firstly Barclays FirstPlus (BFP) sent a summary of what they were going to refund as part of the PPI and what they were going to credit to the account. On the summary there is an interest amount that i paid during the term of the PPI that i believe should be repaid back, this is where i have asked for transparancy in the figures on the summary (a breakdown of my payments against capital, PPI, PPI interest and capital interest), which i wouldn't have thought was difficult based on the fact that there is a summary. This is the info BFP refuse to supply.

Secondly BFP have changed the way they handle my account and the way they add interest, without informing me that they were doing so.(this was in 2007 and i found out last month). The information asked for above will show what they have done and whether i am in a better or worse position because of it.

I probably couldn't sue as i couldn't match the costly legal that they can.

All i have is the ombudsman.

Thanks Ian for that legislation and I will be writing to the FOS with the quotation by return.

Kibris

As I mentioned earlier, do you have the agreement and the statements for the account?

If so I am happy to calculate what you should be getting back. Once you know that you can avoid the confusion that reigns at the moment and go straight for your money back.

Regards

ims