Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder barry27 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2011

Default how do i get my name removed from a joint mortgage?

Hi,
    My ex wife and I have a mortgageicon for a house we used to live in, we have obviously divorced and she lives in it with our daughter, her new partner and new child.
    I'm remarried with a new young family. My new wife and I currently live in Army quarters, I'm due out the army in 2 years so we are planning for our future.
    I've been trying to get my name removed from the mortgageicon, but I've been told that because of the recession the property is in negative equity so unless my ex and her partner can raise the difference then they wont be able to get a mortgage.
    I don't want any money from the house, they are welcome to it, I just want to be able to get on with my life but this is proving harder than it should be.

HELP!!!!

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Default Re: how do i get my name removed from a joint mortgage?

Advice will be available soon

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007
    I am in
    Muckle Flugga

Default Re: how do i get my name removed from a joint mortgage?

I'm afraid the mortgageicon company won't remove you from the agreement unless your ex and or partner can obtain another mortgageicon or pass their mortgage criteria.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE