Hit from behind, now prob with insurer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hit from behind by a young driver. I sent her insurer a letter explaining the situation and a quote for the repair.

Heard nothing so i called them and they told me that the other driver hadnt reported the accident and that i need to claim through my insurance.

had a bump 5 years ago in a similar situation i went through my insurer who failed to recover costs from the at fault partys insurance and my insurance went up so im not risking that again.

called the person who hit me and she said that the insurer had written to her and she filled a form out and sent it back, but the insurer is still refusing to deal with me personally.

Any ideas?

The repair quote was £750

thanx

Hi dr fox

Your insurance company should force the issue by making a small courts claim against her personally, then she should send it to her insurance company who should deal with the matter. Tell your insurance company that it wasn't your fault so they need to claim on her policy.

Thanx Rebel11,

when the shunt happened i called my Insurer to inform them what happened and they said that i would have to claim on my own insurance then they would recover costs.

The last time i went down that route the person who hit me denied that he had hit me and as there were no witnesses i lost my no claims bonus, had to pay a £350 excess and my insurance went up.

I cant thake that chance again.

Had a loook on the net at Accident management companies with no win no fee, so i think i will need to go that route. Would rather not go through them but fed up paying for other peoples mistakes.

Thanx.

Hi

Unfortunatly this is what the Legal Expenses part of the policy is there for. (I worked in the insurance industry for a while so know all about it). If your insurer cannot recover from the TP (as in your last case, if there were no independant witnesses and he refused to awknowledge he hit you, thats where your problem lays :( - however, if there had been damage to his car (assuming not or he would have had to claim on his for that damage) then it could have settled what is called 50/50 where each paid for their own repairs.

Is this young driver denying hitting you? If not thats a great start (and they will get a slap from their insurance lol), do you have any independant witnesses this time? that means someone who was in NEITHER vehicle at the time :) (for the purposes of insurance)

Hope you get it resolved, the TP company have to speak to you once the driver has returned the form and they have rec'd it

eeyorebob thanx for the info. She hasnt denied it but more of they decided not to tell their insurer. The Insurer contacted her after i had written them a letter.

As ive not heard from either her or the insurer i sent off an email giving them a deadline or i will pass the matter onto an Accident claims management company. Within 10 minutes she called asking me for my d.o.b? Address, Insurer, occupation, vehicle details.

No way im giving anyone my d.o.b plus i gave her all my details when she went into me, plus i gave the Insurer my info when i contacted them. so i refused and told her to get the Insurance company to call me as shes had 4 weeks to sort the claim out and shes done sod all hoping that im going to forget all about it.

Thanx

Got a letter from her insurers stating that they wont admit liability as she will not reply to any of their letters.

But they want my insurers details to pass onto the Claims and Underwriting Exchange register.

Looks like im going to get shafted again as long as she ignores their letters.

If you have the third parties address you could send a letter before action letter stating that you will be taking court action against them and if they don't reply issue a small court claim against them. This may force them to contact their Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread