Onthebeach.co.uk cancel holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a holiday booked for in 3 weeks time. I booked through onthebeach.co.uk

I booked one of their recommended hotels and also booked my flights through them. A friend of mine returned from there last week and told me it is full of cockroaches, it has broken steps which people has cut there feet open on, people are getting food posioning, the hotel does not have airconditioning but when I booked I was told there would be fans and now they are charging for these per day, there is sick everywhere, staff are rude, stray cats all over the resort, urine stained sheets and towels, dirty pool, the list is endless.

I have juyst read some reviews on the internet and when booking they would good but now there are some awful ones on there which photos as evidence.

I am having surgery next week and this holiday is supposed to be for me to relax and take it easy whilst I recover. But from how irty it is there now I will be at risk of infection and food posioning.

I have called onthebeach to tell them the hotel is not as advertised and I would like to change hotels. The lady on the phone was very rude and said it will cost £150 per person to switch hotels and then the cost of the hotel on top!!

Is there anything else I can do? I don't have much money and saved for this holiday for a very long time and was really looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance

If you can prove, as a matter of fact, that the hotel is not as advertised, the remedy is to prosecute the strict liability criminal offence that it is for an invitation to purchase to mislead the average consumer.

Ask them who in particular the summons should be sent to. See how rude they think it is.

The offence may be prosecuted regardless of any particular contract or consumer, because an advertisement misleads.

The appropriate legislation is The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Hi ches

Heres some info:-

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/travel/problems_with_holidays.htm#ProblemHolidayTheholidaywasnotasexpected

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/travel-rights/getting-compensation-for-holiday-problems/your-rights/

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/c_package_holidays.pdf

You need to put the company on the spot, communicate in writing, mark the letter, Formal Letter of Complaint.

Explain that the hotel isn't fit for purpose and that they should not be advertising it, state that if they don't change

your hotel, you'll take matters further. Explain that the holiday has been booked to help you recover from surgery.