Admiral cancelled policy charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a policy with Admiral at the beggining of last year. I was with them for a couple of months when someone crashed into my parked car. My car was only worth £200 so it was an instant write off. The person who crashed into said they would pay me what the car is worth.

I called Admiral and told them what had happened. I explained it was undrivable and it was a write off so I would not be needing the insurance anymore. They said as I was cancelling early I would need to pay one months payment which was £80 and then the policy would be cancelled.

After the next months payment was taken from my back account I cancelled the direct debit and didnt hear anything from the again (This was May 2010)

I purchased a brand new car in May 2010 and I have been driving this since.

In June this year I started receiving texts, letters and calls from a company called DRS. They said I owe Admiral £70 and they had been told to collect it. I explained the situation to them and they said sorry and didn't call again.

In July this year the called again and asked for the money. I told them I am not paying as I don't own anything to them. They have continued to call me every day for over a month, text and write to me. They have even said they will be coming to my door between 1st August - 1st September between 8-8!!!

At the beginning of August a company called scottcall starting calling, texting and writing to me saying they have the debt of £75 and to ingore DRS and give them the money.

I have called Admiral today and they have said that I did not call last year to cancel my policy!! I know I did and my partner was also there at the time of the phone call. They said they can sell the debt to as many companies as they want and they call call me as many times as they want and will continue to until I pay £100

I have been told 3 different amounts to pay. I do not own anything but how can I prove it?

Also I was told there is a limit to how many times you can be contacted. I feel like I am being harrassed.

They call me of witheld numbers, 0845 and even mobile numbers.

Any help with this would be great

1) Make an official complaint in writing to Admiral using their complaints process.

http://www.admiral.com/policyDocs/admComplaints.pdf

Under FSA rules if you phoned to cancel this should have been noted on Admirals records and they should have confirmed the cancellation in writing to you. There should be a system record of you calling them. This could be a system record of your policy being access and possibly a recording of the call you had with them.

2) Check your credit record with Experian and Equifax just in case Admiral have recorded a debt against you. This can form part of your complaint if they have.

3) Send a copy of your letter to the latest Debt Collection Agency contacting you, to inform them of your complaint and to request that they stop contacting you in line with OFT debt collection guidelines. Under OFT rules if the debt is disputed they have to stop debt collection while the matter is investigated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread