Car Insurance cancelled by company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, new to this, so hello!!

I pay my car inurance monthly and having recently made reduntant, i was finding it difficult to pay Julys monthly fee of £162. I telephoned and spoke to an adviser and I said, i could pay double at the end of July (for June & julys payment) the advisor then advise dme, I could instead, add the £162 to the remaining monthly payments and spread it across, so the new monthly fee was £203.06. This was agreed over the telephone and that was that. I have been down in Devon for the past two weeks, so it came as a surprised to find several letters from my insurance company upon my return home. The first, was that they had tried taking the payment of my old fee of £162 out of the bank 15 days later I had the telephone call with the advisor, of which was declined as there was not enough funds. The second was that I needed to make payment of £909 in order for me to keep the policy and the last one, stated my policy was canceled by them, due to none payment and demanded the £909. I was rather baffled and confused as it was agreed my myself and the advisor that my new monthly fee was £206. Obviously, this was never actioned and therefore, they cancelled my policy. With myself being down in Devon, looking after my poorly gran, I was none the wiser of all this going on, and therefore, as a direct result, was driving around uninsured with no cover, all because this advisor did not complete her job properly. I telephoned and complained and the manager said I would have to still make payment of £909 regardless of who cancelled the policy. He sent his sinere apologies and said they was at fault and held their hands up, and oftered to re-instate my policy. I said no, as I have lost trust with themselves after this. I was wondering, if I could take this further, as I have been left comitting an offence by driving around Devon and back to Manchester on the motorway, uninsured and god knows what would have happened if I had been involved in an accident or had my car stolen etc, as I wouldn't of had a leg to stand on, through no fault of my own, and driving with kids and my poorly gran in the car too, I have been left rather angry, shocked and upset. Now, I am left without an insured car, and find it hard to visit my gran back down in Devon, all because of the advisor not doing her job. Any info would be truely grateful

we all make mistakes and as insurance co go it was very unusual for them to admit the error and offer to reinstate.

I think you have made a mistake in not accepting their offer and have cut your nose off etc.

Now you have to reinsure and will have to declare that you had a policy canceled and have to explain it.

I would try and go back to them and see if they will reinstate again as you have a change of view. Will defo be cheaper in the long run.