Part 36 offer to defendant from me the claimant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title suggests I am in court with a major insurer and I (the claimant) am at a position where I want to make a PART 36 offer to them (The Defendant)

I understand how to do this but I am unsure if I should send it to the other party in the case a part 20 defendant who carried out the defective work on behalf of the main defendant?

The part 20 defendant was added by the main defendant.

Many thanks for your help!

you can either look around to find the fancy gobbledygook that you would use if you had spent seven lost years to be a lawyer – or you can just write a letter in plain English. I would recommend the latter. The only thing to remember is to make sure that you make it clear from the outset that it is a part 36 offer.

Head the letter – part 36 offer – or – offer under part 36 of the Civil Procedure Rules

And then referred to part 36 in the body of the letter as well.

It will have the same effect with the use the correct formal language or not

Thats great! Thank you.

The only thing that confuses me is do I have to send the part 36 to the main defendant and the part 20 defendant?

The part 20 defendant was the main defendants contractor who carried out the dodgy work.

Thanks again