style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm afraid I rather lost my temper this afternoon with this company.

Many years ago we bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner. It has since been replaced. Off and on since 2002, my now late husband got letters from this company offering extended warranty for the cleaner. All ended up in the shredder.

Today, I got yet another of these cold-calling letters addressed to my husband so I rang them up, spoke to a rather abrupt and ignorant man (I did get his name), asked him if he would be good enough to remove my husband's details from their mailing list as he was now sadly deceased.

He demanded that I send them a copy of his death certificate :-x

Sorry, but they have no legal right to ask for this as we have never, ever dealt with this company. I got extremely irate (it is only 8 weeks since my husband died) and told him in no uncertain terms that if I get one more letter coming in from them I will take legal action directly against him and his company.

Next call was to Consumer Direct who, as I suspected, told me that they had no legal right, especially under the Data Protection Act to even ask, let alone demand, that they see a copy of my husband's death certificate. They advised me to let Dyson themselves know and also write to Home Serve and Dyson, giving them 14 days in which to reply.

Next call was to Dyson themselves. Spoke to a very nice lady there who was not amused at Home Serve and said she would immediately pass on my complaint to her superiors and also to write into them.

On the plus side, I have another Dyson now which is coming up to 2 years old and part of the hose broke the other day. Very apologetic about the hose breaking and, since the machine is still under Dyson's warranty, are sending me a new hose out :smile:

As far as Home Serve go, when I asked to speak to a manager, the idiot on the end of the phone said he was a manager. I corrected him and told him he was a phone monkey, no more, no less. Don't think he liked it :bounce: