0800 repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds likea company my Mother would call. As long as they are clean cut £200 per day for a few odd-jobs is reasonable :crazy:

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/1186196623bcac871ac12067068db484/compdetails

Name & Registered Office:

0800 REPAIR LIMITED

WEST PARK HOUSE

7-9 WILKINSON AVENUE

BLACKPOOL

LANCASHIRE

U.K.

FY3 9XG

Company No. 06610790

http://whois.domaintools.com/0800repair.com

http://www.pacificagroup.co.uk/managecontent.aspx?object.id=10836

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/1186196623bcac871ac12067068db484/compdetails

Name & Registered Office:

0800 REPAIR LIMITED

WEST PARK HOUSE

7-9 WILKINSON AVENUE

BLACKPOOL

LANCASHIRE

U.K.

FY3 9XG

Company No. 06610790

http://whois.domaintools.com/0800repair.com

http://www.pacificagroup.co.uk/managecontent.aspx?object.id=10836

now look at their terms and conditions......... and look at british gas homecare terms and conditions..... notice tey are word for word....

but ths company also forgot to remove timechoice ( a poduct British gas offer).

All it seems they have done is removed all British gas marking and put theirs in their place......

Wudnt touch these cowboys with a barge pole imo

• 7 months later...

0800 Repair 0800737247 JTM Contracts LTD Avoid this company like the plague!!! This company carried out a repair on my dishwasher which leaked after and ruined my brand new kitchen floor. They did refund the repair cost and promised to pay for a new floor which ended up being lies lies lies... They are now trying to worm their way out of payment by telling more lies. AVOID this company!!

0800 Repair 0800737247 JTM Contracts LTD Avoid this company like the plague!!! This company carried out a repair on my dishwasher which leaked after and ruined my brand new kitchen floor. They did refund the repair cost and promised to pay for a new floor which ended up being lies lies lies... They are now trying to worm their way out of payment by telling more lies. AVOID this company!!

oh dear... Scottish Power have ditched Carrillion and are now using...... 0800REPAIR!

http://www.scottishpower-onlinecomms.co.uk/boilersavings/

• 2 years later...

This company are rip off merchants.

I rang them to get my fridge freezer repaired and they took £70 from me before they would send an engineer.

He arrived and announced that the freezer unit needed a replacement defrost heater and sensor that he would order

and that the company would be in touch with the price before they went ahead.

The engineer left the freezer in bits.

I didn't hear anything further so I rang them and

they said they couldn't obtain the parts, the fridge freezer is only three years old so I thought this very strange.

I then rang the manufacturer who sent out their own engineers (two of them) they stripped the whole thing down

and said the defrost heater was fine it was just the small sensor that needed replacing

and that they would get me one and that the parts are freely available.

0800 repair have taken £70 off me and done nothing claiming that the widely available parts are not available when they obviously are.

Additionally if they had gone ahead they would have charged me with the cost of a new defrost heater

which is by far the most expensive component when one wasn't required.

Avoid them like the plague!

can you not get the moneyback via chargeback

?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

I recently had dealings with this company.

Our Tumble drier went wrong, so I checked on the internet and found a local High Wycombe number. This company turned out to be a franchise of 0800REPAIR. This was on the Tuesday afternoon. The earliest they could get an engineer to me was Friday morning but they wanted payment an advance of the £69 call out charge, which I agreed to pay.

Friday morning came and went, so I rang to find out when engineer would arrive after all I had paid for his services. Engineer phoned back to say he would be there in 10 minutes. At 12:30. Engineer arrived, examined the tumble drier said it needed a new drive belt and he would order one and phone to arrange a second visit to install it. He said that as it was now Friday afternoon (12:40) it would be Monday at the earliest before he could order the part as the office closed at 3PM (in two hours time). I said why couldn't he call the office now as he had a mobile phone with him, but this comment was obviously ignored.

Monday, came and went, Tuesday came and went, no phone calls. So I called the engineer's office (a local number), and after being put on hold for 20 minutes was told the engineer was trying to obtain a quote for the part and would phone me back.

Wednesday came and went, Thursday morning came and went, and still no phone call. I called again (a local number), and after being put on hold for 20 minutes was told the engineer was trying to obtain a quote and would call me back.

Friday came along, and still no phone call, so I searched the Internet (good old Google) for the manufacturer and model number for my tumble drier. What a surprise I got a hit straightaway - I emailed their customer services with my model number and serial number and they sent me an email back immediately confirming the part number and the price which included first class Royal Mail postage and that the part could be supplied in 48 hours from stock.

Armed with this information I called the engineer's office (a local number) at 9:30 and after being put on hold for 20 minutes was told the engineer was trying to get a quote for the part and would call me back later in the day, and that If the engineer didn't call back within the hour I was given the job number and the engineer's office direct number - to my surprise it turned out to Birmingham number even though I had been calling a local number.

Friday lunchtime came and still no phone call, so I though I would call the number I had been given and see what the problem was. So I phoned and quoted the job number. The person that took the call said the engineer was trying to get a quote for the part. I pointed out it took me 20 minutes to obtain details of the required part not the 7 days it had taken them, and that therefore the engineer probably wasn't competent to do the job. To cut a long story short they then decided to close the job.

I though, hang about I am out of pocket and still have a broken drier, so I called the first number and told them the engineer had closed the job and since he had done nothing to repair my drier I wanted a full refund or I would do a chargeback on my debit card, the said they had to contact the engineer's office to confirm the job was closed, so they put me on hold, 20 minutes later they came back to me and told me they would arrange a refund.

So I was now back to where I started, I had a broken dryer, so I ordered the part on the internet direct from the manufacturer. The confirmed my order and I received the part the following Monday. So I now had the new drive belt but did not understand how to fit it, so I looked for a genuine local repairer and phoned him to come and install the drive belt. He said he could come on the Wednesday at 10AM, so I agreed. He actually arrived at 9AM, it took him 15 minutes to fit the part.

Cost to have the dryer repaired - part £8.99, installation £50, I wish I had done it that way in the first place as from the time of ordering the part to having a working drier was all of 5 days, whereas if I had waited for 0800REPAIR I may still be waiting now, and it would almost certainly have cost more than the £69 call out fee!

And yes I did get the £69 back.