style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Before I went on holiday my insurance broker called me up and said you insurance is due in July-2011. He wanted me to pay over the phone, and how insurance had gone up etc etc. but I said no to paying over the phone, send me the policy docs and I'll look at it and pay by cheque. Well I got the docs after I came back and as he was sensitive on the increase in premium I got some quotes, pretty much £100 less. So now I have constant calls and received a recorded delivery letter saying that I owe the insurance payment.

I may have to pay and use this insurance but it's to expensive.

Cheers

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!

Per FSA rules they have to issue a renewal notice which should be received about 3 weeks ahead of renewal. In the renewal letter it would state whether the renewal was automatic or not and the documents would note the cancellation terms and what your rights are.

Suggest that you make a complaint, threatening to take this to the FOS.

If you did not have any other cover arrange, suggest that the compromise is a pure time on risk with no cancellation charge. I think that is what the FOS would rule in the circumstance where no renewal notice was issued.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi All

Here's the death threat that came today form the insurance broker, 7 days to pay. It was signed for but not by me but a person visiting the house.

I never actually paid for the insurance we discussed it over the phone. When I came back off holiday there was a policy and an invoice.

The cancellation of an insurance policy I never paid for is around 40+% of the yearly cost :(

Cheers

InsuranceCancel01.jpg?t=1311885543

Edited by Sk1ppy

Suggest that you contact their CEO at their head office.

The Chief Executive (Insurance)

A-Plan Insurance

Blue Boar Court

Alfred Street

Oxford

OX1 4EE

"Please contact your Branch Manager who will endeavour to resolve matters to your satisfaction. If you are still unhappy please contact the Chief Executive at Head Office who will investigate"

So if you have problems with the branch manager and the way they have handled the renewal write or phone to report this to their CEO. Threaten to take to the FOS.

This is the phone number to the branch at the CEO's address. You could ask for the CEO's telephone or email address. 01865 200 320

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks I will do that £150 for a cancellation is a bit steep.