Iphone Insurance Issue. Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bassically I brought my iPhone 4 in December of last year and insured it a couple of days later, I won't mention the name of the company as of yet. On June 18th while abroad in Mexico I had the bag in which my phone was in stolen off the beach, it was placed directly next to me so therefore wasn't left unattended. I followed all the rules of the insurance company and within a couple of hours had sent an email to tesco to block the sim and blacklist the phone, along with that I had been to the local police station and reported the theft.

I waited until I was home (about a week later) to contact the insurance company about the theft. I sent them all the details they asked for and the claim form. A couple of days later however I realised I had made a mistake I had sent them proof of ownership of the IMEI number of my original Iphone which had since been replaced by apple due to a couple of faults. So I rang the insurance company and explain the situation to them and said I was in the process of recieved proof from apple although it takes a couple of days for them to send it.

Eventually I recieved an email from apple with all the details of the replacement and I forwarded this to the insurance company. I rang a few days later and they told me that the email was declined as it had been forwarded and therefore I could have altered it. They stated they either wanted an email directly from apple of a pdf attachment as I couldn't alter this. So I rang apple again and they stated it was against their policy to send emails to anybody other than the account holder but they did agree to send the details within a pdf attachment which they did. I received this instantly and so forwarded it so that the email address of the apple representative could be seen. I rang the next day only to be told that this had also been declined as there was no logo and they guy on the phone stated that everything else was acceptable and worded correctly and that I just needed to get apple to send the same document with a logo.

The next day I contacted apple again, I spoke to another apple representative who was completely bewildered as to why all the documents had been declined as the case number was included the insurance company could have contacted apple themselves to check all the details. I explained that the insurance company were refusing to do this and explain exactly what they wanted. He put me on hold to speak to his supervisor and when he came back said the supervisor wished to speak with me as he was quite unhappy that the insurance company wouldn't accept perfectly legal documents. The manager decided he would ring the insurance company on a three way telephone conversation to confirm all of the details, as he was put on hold however he said he would ring me back when he got through.

About half an hour later he phoned back to tell me there was a big problem, the insurance company were stating that they wouldn't accept his word over the telephone or any correspondance he sent directly from his apple email address whether it was in the form of a pdf file with or without a logo. He explained to me this is the first insurance company which has refused these documents but they have no reason to and that the only way he could help me was to send me a letter from apple and scan it and send it to them although he didn't sound like he holded out much hope. I'm extemely thankful to apple for going against their protocol to help me but I'm just wondering that this insurance company seems to be changing their story. I'm exceptionally unhappy with the service I've recieved and surely their just going to tell me that I've altered the letter from apple if they won't accept it from an apple email address.

Can anyone suggest any further steps? This claim is already taken 3 weeks and there really doesn't seem to be any solution. Thanks for reading.