Car Insurance Help- Previous poor repair work by another insurance company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently been involved in accident, where I was shunted in the back at a roundabout. The other guy's insurance company claimed full responsibility so no problem there, however the issue comes in sorting out my car.

My insurance company notified me there had been previous poor repair work in the area works needs to be carried out, so I had 2 options:

1) Take a settlement and get it fixed

2) Let them repair it and I pay the difference for the previous poor repair work.

Here's where it gets confusing. My sister-in-law had an accident in the car a few years ago, which was full resposibility of the other driver. His insurance company sorted the work at their authorised garage--but this is the said poor repair work.

I've now gone back to them about it as it has a 5 year guarantee. They are taking forever to sort it out, and my car is sitting in my insurance co. garage while the old insurance co loks into it. I've been on at them over and over again, but they are moving so slowly, and now my insurance company has just informed that they are going to be taking away my hire car as of tomorrow. That leaves me with no car and travel costs. My insurance company refuses to do any work on existing damage until previous work is sorted--I want them to do the work as I want their guaruntee on the works.

What can I claim from the previous insurer, and while my insurance company fix my car can I get a hire car from the previous company and claim all other costs that weren't attributed to the accident that just happened? And how can I get the to hurry up as it's almost been a month already.

Appreciate any help. I ideally want them to pay for the work to happen at my insurance companies authorised repairer as the others did shoddy work the first time round.

Very tricky, you can’t go to the FOS about the other insurer as you were the third party in this. I doubt making a CEO complaint or similar would create much noise as you are not their customer.

If they are not going to speed things up, you can threaten legal action, you can ask the garage it's at right now to estimate for the repairable damage and claim that, along with car hire for the repair period.

Claiming for hire for the accident will prove tricky, their shoddy workmanship is not the cause of the incident, but their delays in resolving the issue may be. You say their moving slowly, how slowly, a couple of days, or weeks?

Your insurer seem to be offering the right service by giving you the options.