Car Insurance 'Misrepresentation' Please Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been advised by my insurers LV that they have cancelled my policy thus making the entire 6 months so far null and void.

As i am in my first year of driving, my mum had called up LV to get a quote for me, she had said that she was the registered owner and keeper of the car as she had purchased the car but we had not sent off any documents as of yet. i took the documents home with me as i live at a different address and very stupidly sent off the documents in my name. a few months later a driver bumps wing mirrors with me (completely his fault) and tries to pursue the claim, this flags on the LV systems that the car is in my name not my mums as the insurance states.. they tell me i have misrepresented insuirance and am no longer an LV policyholder.

what looks very obvious to insurers that my dear old mum was intentionally lying to get my insurance down is actually a big misunderstanding and a very very idiotic one, (why would i be so stupid to lie about ownerhip of the car and then send off documents in a different name)

before i received the letters stationg what had happened exactly, and as far as i knew my LV policy cancelled for another reason, and thought the other driver in the incident had pulled out (turns out he hasnt) i took out insurance with admiral a few days ago thinking everything was fine, now im in a position where admiral may think im lying to them about ongoing claims and problems with other insurers, but the truth is we only found out all this this morning

does anyone have any experience with this? im seriously in a right worry and will be seeking legal advice first thing monday morning

i really appreciate anyones input in the matter

Kind regards

Andrew

Where was the car kept?

Does your mum have access to another car ?

Why would you register yourself as the keeper with DVLA if you were not?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

what was put down as age/ experience etc.

you must let your present insurers know you had a policy cancelled or you may find yourself in the same position again and liable for a lot of expense if they refuse cover after an event.