Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Default Scottish Power - recent increase in charges, and cancellation fee?

Hi all, Was on a discounted tariff with Scottish Power, due to expire in October I believe. In the original contract, it stated that should I cancel before this time I would have to pay 50 in cancellation fees. However, as well advertised, they then increased prices by around 15-20%. Further, I was contacted by Scottish Power, advising of my right to cancel under a term in their contract (unfortunately I do not have this to hand), which stated along the lines of should they change the terms of the contract significantly to the detriment of the customer, I have the right to cancel. Question - given the scale of the change, can they enforce the cancellation fee as I have now left them? I appreciate that the wording isnt clear, but I am confused as to the existance of that clause at all, given that if I wasnt in a fixed term contract with them with cancellation fees in place, I could have cancelled at any time without penalty anyway. Hence, the term in question seems to only affect the cancellation fee element (albeit it was not mentioned in that term). any thoughts?

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scottish Power - recent increase in charges, and cancellation fee?

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed Authoritative MrShed's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

Thanks rebel, but unfortunately that doesnt answer the question.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Oct 2006

bump.

Basic Account Holder ScottishPower Company Rep Highly informative ScottishPower Company Rep Highly informative ScottishPower Company Rep Highly informative ScottishPower Company Rep Highly informative ScottishPower Company Rep Highly informative ScottishPower Company Rep Highly informative ScottishPower Company Rep's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2010
    I am in
    Scotland

Hi MrShed,

From what you have said I do not think a cancellation charge will apply if you switch, if you want me to confirm this, drop me a PM with your details and I will doouble check your account.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE