Problems with 'Alphabet Health Benefits'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x Oh this one's got me really ticked off.

So, a few months ago my wife gets laid off her job at Wyeth Pharma during the buyout from Phisor. Shortly thereafter she lands a 6-month contract position with Merc Pharma, through a temp agency. Obviously the health coverage plan we had through Wyeth Pharma was gone, and she took up coverage (and I use that term very loosley) with the temp agency. The plan is called "Alphabet Health Benefits". It comprises major medical coverage through a combined 'Monumental Life Insurance Co.' and 'Beech Street: A Viant Network', pharmacy coverage through 'RegenceRx', and vision care through 'Avesis'. Now all of these folks have a service set up to handle their billings and claims. That company is called "Administrative Concepts, Inc.", opperating out of Wayne P.A.

Now, I'm no insurance professional. And I'm far from being a genius. But the crap these folks have pulled in the last few months on us makes me want to shout from the hilltops "STAY AWAY FROM THIS INSURANCE PLAN AND THESE PEOPLE!"

It starts with her contract position ending with Merc. We send in a check to the insurance company to CONTINUE coverage while she seeks a new permanent or temporary job. That check goes outstanding for 3 months! For 3 months they SIT on the thing, don't cash it, don't put it towards our plan, nothing! Then starts the nonsense with our doctors offices (for us and our son) saying that they haven't received payment for services rendered. When we call Medical Claims Submissions at 'Administrative Concepts, Inc.', we are informed that they never received any claims from any of our physicians! We do this little 'circle jerk' routine between them and the doctors offices for 3 weeks. Then one day out of the blue they call us and say "We found your payment. And we have received the claims from your doctors..."

Now in the last two weeks, my wife has spent more time straightening these clowns out than she has spent looking for a new job! This is infuriating! My warning to anyone considering health benefits planns is this: Stay away from ANYTHING that says "Alphabet Health Benefits" on it...stay away from ANYTHING that says "Administrative Concepts, Inc." on it....

With the time and effort (we're talking about hours and hours and hours here!) we spent trying to get these circus clowns to do what we PAY THEM TO DO, it would have been cheaper for us to go with a COBRA plan of some sort....ANYTHING but these twits. You've been warned.