style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident in April and though nothing of processing my claim as the third party admitted liability.

However after much debate my insurance company announced that my policy was invalid as I had failed to declare a non fault clam from 3 years ago. I checked my insurance policy and noted it was not on there however it was the previou year. Same broker same insurance company. When I renewed I just let my policy run. I understand it was my responsibility to check but I feel very let down.

Admittedly I did have a 3 points penalty after my renewal which I hadn't informed them of. I did't really think about it.

They subsequenty refused to process my claim and worse still they cancelled my polcy.

I don't have a problem with the claim as I am dealing directly with her insurance company but I am haing a nightmare trying to get insurance for my new car. Most companies will not touch me as soon as I tick the box saying cancelled policy and the only company I can get is quoting over £1000 up from £200. I have 5 years no claims bonus and buying a modest car.

This seems really harsh considering it is a honest mistake andwas not done in any way to defraud anyone.

Does anyone know ho best I can go about getting decent priced car insurance

So what has the broker done to help you when the Insurers threatened cancellation ? They are acting as your agent, so should have assisted you.

Insurers can cancel a policy providing they give 7 days notice of this. They should really only do so, if the items of non disclosure were deliberately witheld and it would have affected their decision to continue Insurance. Often Insurers will agree to continue cover, subject to a backdated additional premium being paid from the last renewal date.

If they have just cancelled midterm providing 7 days notice, this is not something the FOS will look at in my opinion. You could give them a call to check.

In my opinion you should have kicked up a massive fuss with the broker and Insurers when they threatened the cancellation. You can still do this to see if they are willing to change their mind. I am not sure you have been treated fairly and you should tell the brokers and the Insurers that wish to make a complaint about they way you have been treated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

but in their eyes I had deceited them in obtaining my 2010-11 policy

Howeve my broker did indcate they would have not allowed me to renew as I had my wie (provisional driver) on the policy and this was something they no longer wished to do. Therefore a good " excuse " to terminate my policy.

Surely they would have known the knock on effects of the cancellation.

So what has the broker done to help you when the Insurers threatened cancellation ? They are acting as your agent, so should have assisted you.

Insurers can cancel a policy providing they give 7 days notice of this. They should really only do so, if the items of non disclosure were deliberately witheld and it would have affected their decision to continue Insurance. Often Insurers will agree to continue cover, subject to a backdated additional premium being paid from the last renewal date.

If they have just cancelled midterm providing 7 days notice, this is not something the FOS will look at in my opinion. You could give them a call to check.

In my opinion you should have kicked up a massive fuss with the broker and Insurers when they threatened the cancellation. You can still do this to see if they are willing to change their mind. I am not sure you have been treated fairly and you should tell the brokers and the Insurers that wish to make a complaint about they way you have been treated.

Thanks I wll give the brokers a call in the morning.

Te insurers or underwriters were never availableto talk when I called and never returned calls

I probably didn't pursue it as vigorously as I should as I did feel guilty about not disclosing the 3 points but now feel the punishment far exceeds the "crime"