Homserve extended furniture warranty...what to do next

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible.

I purchased a sofa at £3000 from reids furniture 3 years ago and covered against accidental damage provided through homeserve.

I accidently got a small paint spill on the sofa and called homeserve to report it.

A representative came out last week to attempt to clean the sofa which is preferrable to me as the sofa is in very good condition

and I don't want to have to fork out £1500 for chairs to match a replacement sofa.

I was concerned as soon as the gentleman arrived as he took one look and called a friend to ask how would I get paint out...hardly the act of a qualified person to deal with this.

His friend advised turps which I was concerned about using on leather.

He asked me if I had any in the house and I replied no so he went to the local shop and bought a bottle returning after about 10 mins.

Again I expressed my concerns and he said it would be fine as the back side parts of "these" sofas are never real leather.

I told him mine was but he ignored me and assured me he knew what he was doing.

All the turps done was take the colour out of the sofa.

He then went out to his van and brought in two containers and continued to attempt to clean it.

This resulted in the colour and grain being removed when he said "oh it is real leather" and admitted he had tried to clean it with liquid sand paper!!!!

He got a kit and tried to put the colour back in and cut a sample and told me they would order replacement panels.

I contacted customer service and asked why someone who had clearly no idea what he was doing was sent out to a paint spill and explained the further damage that had be caused.

I was told that they could not source replacement panel so the would remove my panel which would be sent off for repair!!!!

I told them I would not accept that that they were totally negligent sending out such a representitive and have cause irreversible damage to my sofa.

I have been told today that it is still with solutions department and they will let me know what the next steps should be. can anyone advise what I should do next???:-x

Thanks again

try the consumer direct site

but me thinks new sofa time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks I really didn't wantto go down that route and the paint was relativley small and not really visible...it is awful now. If they suggest these panels are taken off to be sent to get repaired (impossible now that as well as the paint that won't shift, there is no grain colour left on the surrounding areas) They took a sample to order new panels but since I reported the mess my sofa was left in all of a sudden they want to remove the panels to either repair of replace them. Im puzzled if they can't order new panels from the sample as they can't get a match how are they going to manage to get them with the panel:???:. Once these panels are removed I will have no proff of the damaged caused. I dont know what to do can I refuse to have them removed??

should of known the magic properties of tesco scented baby-wipes

did you get any photos before hand?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes as part of the claim process I had to submit photographs to the company so they have them already. I have not photographed the sofa however since the representative came out

well pers i'd do that now.

i've not got time to try and find an answer

but i'm angling toward trading standards....not really sure

dx

and they