style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a leaking pipe from my boiler which caused a lot of damage to the shop downstairs. It looks like the leak was there for at least a month if not more. On been told by the shop owner of the problem I had the leak fixed immediately as I was advised also that there was a high danger as water was dripping onto electric wires.

My house insurers say that the shop owner needs to make a claim on his insurance to cover the damage to his shop. However, most worringly, she pointed out that they may not pay out unless it was the case that I refused to fix the leak over a period of time! Considering the danger to myself and other flatmates it obviously had to be fixed.

Won't getting the guy downstairs to say I refused to fix the leak in order to get a payout leave me open to other counter claims?

Any info gratefully received

I had a leaking pipe from my boiler which caused a lot of damage to the shop downstairs. It looks like the leak was there for at least a month if not more. On been told by the shop owner of the problem I had the leak fixed immediately as I was advised also that there was a high danger as water was dripping onto electric wires.

My house insurers say that the shop owner needs to make a claim on his insurance to cover the damage to his shop. However, most worringly, she pointed out that they may not pay out unless it was the case that I refused to fix the leak over a period of time! Considering the danger to myself and other flatmates it obviously had to be fixed.

Won't getting the guy downstairs to say I refused to fix the leak in order to get a payout leave me open to other counter claims?

Any info gratefully received

It is up to the shop owner to claim for water damage under their shop Insurance. They won't be able to claim against you or the other occupiers of your flat, unless they could prove negligence on your part.

You have done all you could by getting the pipe fixed as soon as you were aware there was a problem.

If you do receive any correspondence from the shop owner or their Insurers, just pass this onto your Home Contents Insurers. Under Home Contents you have occupiers liability cover, where someone tries to claim against you for alleged negligence.

Stop worrying about this. Either your Insurers gave you a rubbish explanation or you got the wrong end of the stick.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread